Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Negative Review, Yorkshire Classic Porsche

Status
Not open for further replies.

easternjets

I am new to this forum but thought I should share my experiences of purchasing a car from this dealership in Harrogate, Yorkshire Classic Porsche.

I have had what can only be described as a nightmare experience with Jon at Yorkshire Classic Porsche. It started when I looked at their car a C 4 S R89 ABA in Silver, Jon described this car as the best in country absolutely impeccable. So I visited the garage to view the vehicle, unfortunately it was in the workshop as it had an oil leak but Jon got it down and I had a look around it. I then asked if I could drive it, well this didn't go down well, I had to sign disclaimers and paperwork just to take the car for a run up the road. Anyway when we got back there was a lot of smoke coming from the engine bay but Jon assured me it's just a leak from the Cam Covers and wasn't a problem 'I'll have it fixed'. So I was then asked if I wanted to leave a deposit to hold the car, which I did on the understanding that the oil leak was rectified and I could make sure that everything was all right with the vehicle before I paid any more money over.

Fast forward to a week later and Jon phoned me in the morning to say the car was ready to collect and what time would I be coming down? I asked if everything had been taken care of with the car and would it be possible to check the car over again and possibly take it for another run to make sure that the engine was leak free. Well if I did, Jon then went off on one about how insulted he was that I dare question whether this work had been done, I said I'm not questioning it at all I just want peace of mind that the car is okay. Anyway the conversation then sunk lower and lower and in the end I had to put the phone down.

Jon then phoned me the next day to say he was sorry about the way he had spoken to me and would I come down and collect the car? He explained how difficult and expensive it was to rectify the leak as the bolts were seized into the block and had to drilled out!! this took hours and it had cost him £2000, he did add that if it had been any other customer 'I would have just nipped the bolts up to stop the leak but as it was you I felt that it had to be done right'!

As you can imagine the 'dream' of owning a classic Porsche had now evaporated into a nightmare, I asked if I came down could I drive the car again? answer; No! Could I have the car inspected? answer; No! Jon then said and this is verbatim 'That car is not moving an inch off my forecourt till it is paid for in full'

To say that Jon is difficult to deal with is an understatement, once he had my deposit his whole attitude toward me changed and he became extremely confrontational

The manager of the business Daniel has now intervened to try and pacify the situation but to no avail as my confidence in Yorkshire Classic Porsche has gone completely and so it would seem has my deposit, an expensive lesson then in buying a second hand Porsche.

Moral of the story stay well away from Yorkshire Classic Porsche

Firstly :welcome:

Secondly, you must be very aggrieved to come onto a large Porsche forum and make your first post a big rant about a garage without asking others opinions of them first.

From what you have said it appears you've had incredibly bad service. There are LOTS of really really bad garages around and I totally feel for you having gone through something similar in the past.

I posted in an open forum about it too. It got back to the garage and we ended up in court eventually. They lost quite a considerable chunk of money, I 'won', but could have done without the hassle.

On the contrary, there are a few good dealers around too though. If you hang around here long enough you might get to hear about them. Just make sure you get your deposit back from the other place first :thumb:

Good for you for naming and shaming, rightly so in my opinion.

:bow:

Like many I feel your anger, having in the past spent too many hours on the road to see a car for sale that the 'respected/regarded' dealer described as perfect, immaculate, wants for nothing etc. Only to find a dog of a motor sat at their site.

Now watch them come on here and tell you that you shouldn't have named the garage, or maybe even the garage named in your post get redacted.

Although I have no personal experience of YCP, this certainly isn't the first time that I've heard such things said about them.

How did you pay the deposit?

Oh, and :welcome:

Again :welcome:

I can't comment on the Dealer in question. I've only ever nipped in for a browse when passing.

Unfortunately for every good/great Dealer there are many bad ones. Forums like 911uk are a great source of information about cars and Dealers alike and it's only a shame you didn't join and post earlier as it may have saved you some major hassle.

Fingers crossed you get your deposit back and may the next private seller or Dealer be a good one. ;)

BTW is that the 4S with the blingy interior?

C.

Welcome Easternjets,

You've done nothing wrong imo so I'd definitely be speaking to trading standards.

You've tipped up a deposit in good faith & now they're shafting you.

Good Luck

Welcome Easternjets,

You've done nothing wrong imo so I'd definitely be speaking to trading standards.

You've tipped up a deposit in good faith & now they're shafting you.

Good Luck

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I feel this is wrong...... One way argument and all that.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
I know that they have form.

From experince all rogues IMO

I'm amazed they let this situation escalate the way it has. They seem to feel that because Jon the owner phoned me and apologised for the way he spoke to me that all is forgiven, I'm sorry but as I said to them I want to be 100% happy that I'm doing the right thing and as you can imagine this whole sorry saga has left me extremely annoyed and unfortunately out of pocket.
They've even readvertised the car with a grand off the sticker price just to rub salt into the wounds.
Don't get done get Dom!!
This is only the start for me, I was in business for 25 years and I know all the things that can ruin your day, Tax inspection anyone?

Chris_in_the_UK said:
I know that they have form.
Great comment!!!! Proper reminds me of stuff.

If you paid on card just make a charge back claim with your card issuer. You can bet their merchant agreement does not allow them to take deposits on card so no matter what their paperwork says you should get it back :wink:

If you paid cash :dont know:

And interestingly, all of the testimonials appear on their website to be written with the same phraseology and style. You might think they'd been written by the same person if you were a cynic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back