Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

IMS Solution by EPS ---------------

$850 for a roller bearing!!!!?

Arrrrrrrrrgh.....

If that's a fitted and warrantied price for the rest of the life of the car it could be a good deal :floor:

mr gill said:
$850 for a roller bearing!!!!?

No. It's 20 bucks for the bearing. 830 to cover the advertising in Total911 magazine and the you tube videos.

:floor:

If it's any consolation 997, I'll be going with that next winter when the car is off the road.
All you'll get on here is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", which is fair enough but just some people's view. The flip side of that is that there are hundreds of people taking the other view that if it does break you're looking at a ten grand bill when you could have just spend a few hundred and "probably/hopefully" not have had the failure.

Loads of arguing usually breaks out in these threads. All you can do is read up and decide which risks you prefer.

I personally fancy my chances with a brand new roller bearing with oil pump drive mod to feed it, over my 74k mile old Porsche bearing but everyone is different.
Good luck. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back