Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S 996 - Drivers window drops but not all the way into door

C4pperS

Trainee
Hey Guy's

Noticed after picking my Motor up that the drivers electric window drops all the way apart from the last 20mm or so.
I thought this was normal until I did the passenger side and realised that drops all the way into the door and disappears.

slightly annoying as it's not very comfortable to rest your arm on 8)

My car has Air bags in the door, so is this a simple DIY Job?

Searched everywhere but all I get in results is posts about windows not working when you open the door. Mine work fine when unlocking etc just drivers side wont disappear into door!!

I heard about a reset or re-training?

Thanks in advance, I'm hoping somebody else has had the same issue.

The same window winder mechanism is used in both the 996 and Boxter. When used in the Boxter there is a spacer attached to the bottom to reduce the travel by about 20mm, this needs to be removed when used in the 996 otherwise the window doesn't go all the way down.I reckon this will be your problem

Mac

Mac996t said:
The same window winder mechanism is used in both the 996 and Boxter. When used in the Boxter there is a spacer attached to the bottom to reduce the travel by about 20mm, this needs to be removed when used in the 996 otherwise the window doesn't go all the way down.I reckon this will be your problem

Mac

Absolutely right. I have discovered this to be the cause. There are videos on You Tube that show how to modify the mechanism to suit the 996. I have yet to get around to sorting mine as it's the passenger window that the previous owner got wrong and so it doesn't bother me quite so much! It bothers the wife rather more. :wack:

:sad:

:yeah:

Who ever replaced the window regulator forgot to remove the torx 20 screw and plastic wedge at the base.

Door card off , with a blade gently cut away the membrain glue enough so you can reach in and remove it.

Mac996t said:

Mac

Cheers Mac.

Was hoping for a simple solution like this.

Cheers for all the input guys, will get myself on you tube and look for this torx bit and wedge.
Hopefully a nice little job to tick off the list on Bank Holiday Monday
:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back