Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Small damage whilst at OPC for service - worth the fight?

RedJedi

Suzuka
Car was in for a major service.

On way home, daughter noticed that the glove compartment handle has been dented and the chrome has come off. This was def not there in the morning as I put the service book in (and opened the glove compartment).

I took a pic straight away and sent it in.

The advisor has said he doesn't think this happened whilst in their possession. But will forward onto service manager.

I am sure they will try and fob me off.

Is it worth the fight? As it definitely happened whilst with them.

The car does have some scuffs inside (it is not pristine) as its 8 years old, used as a daily driver - and I have kids too who are smelly and muddy.

But this damage was definitely OPC.

:?

I would be on the OPC's case ASAP :thumb: good luck
for what its worth last month I was at Dick Lovett garages for a test drive and as we walked away a member of the service team to a 911 roared down the road hit the limiter in first and second but I sure that he had fully warmed the oil up to running temp ? alas I think not, I felt so sorry for the owner who had entrusted his P+J to an OPC :eh!:

:floor:

I'd be down there like a shot. I don't know how they'd damage it inside. I'm not saying they didn't, I'm just rattling to think what they have had inside to cause the damage. :?:

Part 1, straight on the phone to the Center Principal asap, don't go through management. Then drive down and speak directly to him.

Part 2 now you've drove it away it's very much word against word.

They got back to me just now - quite quick.

And whilst they do not accept responsibility, they will sort it as a gesture of goodwill.

They also said I'm a good customer and thank you for the Kings Ransom!

Result :thumb:

Even I was wondering what they did inside....

But then do they connect the laptop from inside?

And obviously service book was in the glove compartment - so they had to get it in and out...

A little strange, but all sorted.

Unless they took the seat out then i dont see how a mechanic could have done it ... i could go on and on about damage caused by OPC mechanics and how they seem to damage at least every other car they work on ..... but best if i dont.

To the OP you opened the glove box in the morning so are pretty certain there was no damage so it must have been whilst not in your hands ...

Oh go no spill the beans :)

You won't get frowned upon, it's a forum, freedom of speech in the UK. So long as it's not offensive or rallying a riot etc :thumb:

We enjoy a good yarn and true story

I am just starting down the same road, e-mailed pics as requested and a week later nothing, zip, diddly squat from them, not even a we are looking into it.

Body work damage, scratched wheels and a scratch on a window, north of £1k in repairs.

The not saying anything really boils my piss.

Gottans said:
I am just starting down the same road, e-mailed pics as requested and a week later nothing, zip, diddly squat from them, not even a we are looking into it.

Body work damage, scratched wheels and a scratch on a window, north of £1k in repairs.

The not saying anything really boils my piss.

They may not have received the email - went to their spam?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back