Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED - 997 GTS Coupe

Ornge

Monza
I am on the lookout for a very well cared for 997 GTS Coupe with PDK

Desired spec on top of standard is :

Sports chrono
Full leather / Alcantara dash
Bose
CL wheels
Sport Seats

Would like to avoid Carrera White if i can (that should narrow it down)

If anybody is thinking of selling or knows of anybody selling a nice example please let me know.

Thanks

Good luck with your search- I was once looking for a long time
but sadly it appears virtually everyone ordered one in white :duh: :duh:

Ozzyz said:
..... would like to avoid Carrera White if i can

It's easy to avoid. Unlike Carrara White which is as common as cat's stuff. :grin:

are you instead in a dark blue cab (rest of the spec matches)

I know a guy who bought one about 3 months ago ...now got the taste for speed and looking to upgrade to something even faster and more expensive

vroomvroom said:
are you instead in a dark blue cab (rest of the spec matches)

I know a guy who bought one about 3 months ago ...now got the taste for speed and looking to upgrade to something even faster and more expensive

That sounds like an awesome car but I'm really after a coupe I'm afraid. They look lovely in dark blue metallic as well!

I think I saw 2 GTS on OPC Chester stock list on their web site last week.

Did you find one Ozzyz?

I have to confess I'm tempted to try one out too and see how it compares to my 996tt.

Shapes65 said:
I have to confess I'm tempted to try one out too and see how it compares to my 996tt.

From experience I'm pretty sure you'll find that for 95% of the time it will compare very favourably but you'll miss that 'shove' that only a Turbo gives.

If that 5% is really important to you you'd probably prefer a 997T. The upside to that is you'll get an early one for less money than a GTS will cost you.

Interesting thoughts T8.

I love the "rawer" driving experience of the 996tt compared to the 997tt, so wouldn't go that route.

I was dreaming about a 997 GT3, yet the expense and potentially bone shaking ride on the roads I think would put me off.

Hence a GTS, though it has a premium, might be something to think about one day.

The thing is I love my TT, and then there's that shove :grin:

Shapes65 said:
Interesting thoughts T8.

I love the "rawer" driving experience of the 996tt compared to the 997tt, so wouldn't go that route.

You obviously haven't driven one in anger with the 'Sports' button deployed then. :D

You might find this of interest. :dont know:

=> 996T to 997T

Thanks T8, that was a good write up.

There are worst things to be pondering over. :)

Shapes65 said:
Did you find one Ozzyz?

Hi Shapes65

I did indeed, I bought a lovely GTS4 PDK Coupe from Paragon.
I am extremely happy with it so far, such a capable composed car. I was initially thinking of a GT3 but because the car will be used more as a daily driver I think the GT3 would of been a bit too extreme. The GTS is the best of both worlds for me, it is extremely refined and comfortable and when you want to, buy the press of a button it changes into a raw shouty 911. It really is a great car.
I was also looking at a 997T but I would only consider a low mileage gen2 turbo S, my budget just would not stretch to that unfortunately.
My advise would be to drive as many different 911 variants as you can and buy whatever suits your needs.
Good luck :thumbs:

That is good to hear Ozzyz. Sounds like just the right car for you.

I should get a test drive in a GTS and maybe a GT3 just to compare. The Porsche is my weekend toy, so needs to be quite special to get it out of the garage, and would need to be significantly different & better to swap from a 996tt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back