Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel inserts / badges

bobi61

Silverstone
Hi has anyone bought some coloured wheel inserts from Amazon and if so are they any good !!!

I bought some from eBay for around £15 a while back. They looked great whn I put them on after a wheel refurb. They colour faded after around 18 months on my daily but then you could just replace with another set.....

nigel99 said:
I bought some from eBay for around £15 a while back. They looked great whn I put them on after a wheel refurb. They colour faded after around 18 months on my daily but then you could just replace with another set.....

Same here, but the colour on mine seem to be holding up well after a year :thumb:

bobi61 said:
Hi Nigel how much was a full wheel refurb ???

If you shop around the mobile guys will offer about £50 per wheel. This is great if it is the first repair. If however they have been reapaired before then they will need to be acid duncked, repaired and repainted. This is around £70 per wheel for standard alloys but takes up to 5 days.

I have just booked in with Chris at Excel wheels for next week for the strip, repair and repaint of my black wheels and price is £500 for full set. More expensive than others that quoted but chris is highly recommend on this site and also provides replacement wheels so your car won't be off the road while the work is being done.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back