Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

H&R or Eibach springs

trig_112

Monza
Evening all,

I'm thinking of dropping the car a touch and I've seen that people seem to run either H&R or Eibach springs, so I'm assuming that some of the other brands out there aren't much kop.

The question then is, what are the differences between the H&R springs and the Eibach offering?

For now they will be going on standard shocks which will be upgraded in the future, most likely to a set of B6's.

Stick with the known brands the ones you have listed and maybe techart also if they do them for the 996 variant you have.
I used techart on my 997 and dropped 20mm and the ride quality was unchanged from stock.
Check which offer the least modified ride comfort and which drop the mm you want as they do vary slightly some are 25mm others 30mm I think the Eibach and techart offer a very similar to stock ride the H&R I understand are a bit harder
the cheaper brands can continue to lower over time and the ride can be so hard it ruins the cars enjoyment so best avoided. :thumb: :grin:

As above, I have had both H&R and Eibach on previous non Porsche cars, the ride quality has always been excellent and personally I think you would be happy with either as I think the difference would be very marginal, I have also heard that Eibach manufacture the Techart springs, good deals for the Eibach springs can be found on eBay.de :thumb:

+1

I have used both brands in the past and they are very similar. Hard to notice any real differences. Ride quality very similar to stock.

I have recently fitted Eibach and very happy with ride height and ride quality German Ebay was best price i found at time

jezgreen911 said:
As above, I have had both H&R and Eibach on previous non Porsche cars, the ride quality has always been excellent and personally I think you would be happy with either as I think the difference would be very marginal, I have also heard that Eibach manufacture the Techart springs, good deals for the Eibach springs can be found on eBay.de :thumb:

Agreed Techart are made by EIBACH I am unsure of the 996 spec but for the 997 they spec the spring slightly different to the eibach and only drop 20mm which is what I was looking for, so I paid the premium and went with them.
But as the others have said pretty sure you will be happy if you choose any of the three discussed. I don't want to teach you to suck eggs but when choosing ride hight consider how it will look with spacers also as that completes the planted look and improves the handling and might help you decide on drop wanted. :thumb: :bandit:

Phil 997 said:
jezgreen911 said:

Agreed Techart are made by EIBACH I am unsure of the 996 spec but for the 997 they spec the spring slightly different to the eibach and only drop 20mm which is what I was looking for, so I paid the premium and went with them.
But as the others have said pretty sure you will be happy if you choose any of the three discussed. I don't want to teach you to suck eggs but when choosing ride hight consider how it will look with spacers also as that completes the planted look and improves the handling and might help you decide on drop wanted. :thumb: :bandit:

Yes indeed, Techart springs are listed as -25mm compared to the -30mm of Eibach and H&R :thumb:

Cheers all, especially for the eBay.de tip.

I'm looking at getting a set of 19's on it with a more suitable offset to get the stance right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back