Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 valuation against Gen 1 Turbo

wildej

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi All, looking at possible trading my 2010 Carrera PDK for a 2007 Gen 1 Turbo tip.

Spec of mine Meteor grey, 58k, full OPC history, 19 Carrera S wheels, PSE, PCM3 Bluetooth iPod etc, Bose, Heated Seats, Cruise, Rear wiper, Embossed headrests, has sport and sport plus retrofitted by OPC, sport steering wheel with paddles.

Turbo is artic silver 50k miles, chrono, sports adaptive seats, etc. Up for £44k

Ideally would like a Gen 1.5 but out of my price range at the moment.

What would you value my car at against the Turbo ?

Never driven a tip so will it be a bit of a shock coming from a PDK ?

Cheers

Are we to assume that yours is a C2 and a 3.6 :?:

If so ............. £34k-£36k* :dont know:

*Dealer retail less 15-20%

Before you spend any more time on this I'd go and drive a car with tip so you can compare. I think it will be a bit of a shock and may indeed put you off.

I do agree, the Tip is a step back, but if you drive a turbo, it will be overlooked by the power, torque and speed until you become used to it, at this point you will realize how poor the Tip is.

If you like an Auto, the box you have is streets ahead.

Get a manual Turbo and actually drive the car and be in full control!!

Boba fett said:
I do agree, the Tip is a step back, but if you drive a turbo, it will be overlooked by the power, torque and speed until you become used to it, at this point you will realize how poor the Tip is ............

......... by which time you'll be ready for a 997.2 Turbo PDK

NB: I've owned Tips for nearly 7 years. The PDK is definitely better but only vastly so if you've also got flappy-paddles.

Thanks for the replies chaps.
Yes mine is a C2 3.6.
Will definitely try the tip before I commit.
Looking at manual cars and there aren't that many for sale compared to the tip they all seem to be a chunk more expensive unfortunately.
Are the PDK boxes light years ahead especially with paddles ?
Would I regret owning a gen1 after a gen2 albeit a turbo potentially ?
Without sounding like a plum how much better are the turbos overall?

wildej said:
Yes mine is a C2 3.6.
Looking at manual cars and there aren't that many for sale compared to the tip they all seem to be a chunk more expensive unfortunately.

I've never driven a Tip, I'm just going by what others have said that's why I said drive one before putting too much effort in. I think you will miss the PCM as the 3 is years ahead of the one in the gen.1 car.

You can fit a PDK steering wheel in a gen.1 car so you could at least have that (not the one with paddles but the button one).

wildej said:
Yes mine is a C2 3.6.

Well it's a whole lot faster, it will feel twice as fast as yours, it has massive torque, so goes in any gear, it has 4 wheel drive, it looks much better and is just better but the noise.

There is nothing wrong with a tip it's just the Pdk is way better, that is if you like Autos.

I would have a turbo over any model apart from the specials and only then because of the investment potential.

Oh, but yours has bloootoof, so I'd keep it.

PDK changes are much quicker than tip which I would think is the main reason most would prefer it over the older box. Throw in sports chrono, launch control and you'll be hooked.

Paddles are definitely preferable to the somewhat counter-intuitive steering wheel buttons, but the box itself is no different - HTH :thumb:

I've also noticed that there are hardly any Man. 997.1 tt' s on the market at the moment. The few that are for sale are costly with prices raising quite rapidly.
Please think very carefully before choosing a Tip.

PS Boba......Check out your Inbox. I messaged you about some info.

marconorth said:
I've also noticed that there are hardly any Man. 997.1 tt' s on the market at the moment. The few that are for sale are costly with prices raising quite rapidly.

These two blue offerings from ASM (on the face of it) seem fair value?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...rbo-997/porsche-911-3-6-turbo-2dr/5474868?v=b

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi.../porsche-911-mk-997-3-6-turbo-2dr/5382705?v=b

apollokre1d said:

Oh, I have had no dealings with them! Care to elaborate? Maybe a google review search would tell potential buyers all they needed to know??

However, a car can still be a good car no matter whom the vendor may be so I would never totally discount a car unless the outfit were real sharks.

I guess PPI will only assess the car then the rest of the buying experience is down to ones experience with the good/bad vendor.

They don't have the best reputation, terrible in fact but you're right the cars themselves may be just fine.

Scholester said:
marconorth said:

These two blue offerings from ASM (on the face of it) seem fair value?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...rbo-997/porsche-911-3-6-turbo-2dr/5474868?v=b

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi.../porsche-911-mk-997-3-6-turbo-2dr/5382705?v=b

Erm same car, and the last time I spoke to them, it had a securing deposit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back