Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rossi On Top

DRZ911

On the evidence of today's race at Jerez, can Rossi come back from the disaster of Austin to go on to take his 10th championship this year ?

Attachments

• 46_valentino_rossi_ita_gp_2506_0big_285.jpg
    46_valentino_rossi_ita_gp_2506_0big_285.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 20,518
Dpn't see why not, and I cross my fingers that he does, enjoy seeing him thrashing those young whippersnappers into shape :thumbs:

Nope.....

No matter how you slice and dice his career, VR is a Motorsport God and always great value.

:worship:

Here's hoping. Be nice to see him wipe the smile off Lorenzo's face. Oh no hang on, I don't think he ever does smile.

With George Lawrence off to Ducati next year, I think VR has been invigorated, not to mention Yamaha will be able to work solely with him on chassis development this year now. There is no way they will give Lorenzo any further upgrades incase he takes the ideas to Bologna.

Rossi said he was only using half throttle down the straights at the end, as the rear Michelin was spinning all the way. I think Michelin will be working a lot of overtime to sort the tyres out over the next few weeks.

Rossi to win his 10th?? I wouldn't bet against it now, as Jerez has been a relatively weak track for anybody but Spanish riders over the last few years, so the 46 kicking their arses at home bodes well.

DynoMike said:
With George Lawrence off to Ducati next year, I think VR has been invigorated, not to mention Yamaha will be able to work solely with him on chassis development this year now. There is no way they will give Lorenzo any further upgrades incase he takes the ideas to Bologna.

That's a fair point. Lorenzo has had the measure of Rossi for some time now but you're right, Yamaha will concentrate on Rossi for now. We'll see.
Marquez showed a bit more sense yesterday. Instead of going banzai for the win (and falling off) he chose to take decent points. Rubbish race btw. Don't think Rossi has the raw pace to do it though.

Norfolk & Idea said:
DynoMike said:

That's a fair point. Lorenzo has had the measure of Rossi for some time now but you're right, Yamaha will concentrate on Rossi for now. We'll see.
Marquez showed a bit more sense yesterday. Instead of going banzai for the win (and falling off) he chose to take decent points. Rubbish race btw. Don't think Rossi has the raw pace to do it though.

:agree:

Across the whole season, sadly, I can't see Rossi beating Marquez.

I can't see VR doing it either, a lot of people would be willing him on to come to the top again. He is a legend of two wheels. His team partner seems to have become in a class of his own, love or loathe, exceptional talent. :thumb:

Great photo of Rossi, fantastic lean angle :thumbs:

The GOAT!!! Will be willing him on all the way, he is an absolute legend and the biggest character in motorsport of any kind in fact in any sport as far as I am concerned!

Don't care how he does it either, can hoof Lorentho and Marqueth off with a karate kick for all I care, they both deserve it for conspiring to make sure he didn't win last year :sad:

I think the Michelins suit his style now they have stiffened up the sidewalls and with the Honda struggling for acceleration (which is unusual) I think he has a great chance this year!

Go Vale!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I am a big Rossi fan just in case there is any doubt :worship: :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back