Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2015 911 Turbo Power issues

AndyinBrum

can anybody help?

I have owned my 911 Turbo from new, its 13 months old done 13k. the last few weeks the car seems slower in sports plus mode, noticably so because I drive it hard and I know it inside out. I've also driven it at Porsche's track Silverstone on 2 occassions

Where as the car used to accelerate at blistering pace from 3000 rpm in Sports plus mode it doesn't seem as responsive recently. Before, the turbo was literally 'on the edge' at 3000 rpm and the accelleartion was blistering. Now at 3000rpm the PDK drops a gear, jumps to 4000rpm and simply doesn't accelerate as it used to.

I decided to put this to the test and have done some launch mode 0 - 62's and time them. At not time can I get below 4.8 seconds when it should be doing 3.9. I spoke to Porsche about this, they plugged it in and told me there was no faults but that they couldn't road test it as their drivers cannot exceed 70mph.

I know the car isn't right. Has anybody had the same problem?

Is this one to discuss with Ken at 9E?

I spoke to Ken the other day, he certainly knows his subject. He said something like 90% of performance issues with 911 turbos are down to boost leaks. Also said opcs are not good at finding the leaks either....

To the op- have you checked the boost gauge when pushing on??

First off it could just be a bad batch of fuel. Make sure you run it on nothing less than shell V Power. You can mix a bit of MS109 with the Vpower to wake the ECU up.

If that doesn't help just drop it off to another OPC. Just more OPC nonsense that the techs do not test drive them properly.

If not get it down to 9e - you may as well have remap and sports exhaust at the same time :thumb:

How much MS109 with the V-Power do you recommend?

Thanks for the advice guys. Im gonna contact Ken. I'll post soon to let you know what it was

AndyinBrum said:
How much MS109 with the V-Power do you recommend?

Thanks for the advice guys. Im gonna contact Ken. I'll post soon to let you know what it was

You can put in as much MS109 as you want. The more the better even up to 100% :thumbs:

Do the 991 Turbos have similar VTG units to the 997? Mine had sticking actuators (and knackered turbos!!) which gave similar symptoms to those described. I seem to recall that Porsche advised that the 997 actuators were lubricated to avoid the problem...

..but then if they say that nothing is wrong, perhaps not.

Isn't it annoying when you know there is a problem but they say there isn't!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back