Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunroof problem

R500_WKD

The car is a 964 C2.

I had it resprayed not long ago and the spray shop has lost a part of the sunroof. I have been through the PET diagram but can't work out the part number I need to replace so need some help please.

On the underside of the front of the sliding section of the roof, right in the middle, there is a fitting of some sort that pushes down the secondary flip up section of the air deflector on closing and holds it down. I just have a square hole behind a round hole and no fitting.

The result is that the sunroof closes fine, but the flip up section of the air deflector catches under the front lip of the sunroof and stops it from opening. The only way to open it up is to slip in a putty knife and hold the deflector down as you open the roof.

Can anyone help me with the part I need to replace to get it all working again?

Thanks,

Nigel

Its a plastic wedge that goes there , i think theres 3 in total with 1 each side .. going to need PET to find but the best i could do was this ...

http://www.design911.co.uk/pages/diagramsBrowser.aspx?categoryID=8&diagramID=2138

I think its item 49 , hard to tell from the picture , its a wedge that fits on the roof and slides onto the air deflector as the roof closes and lowers it , i think thats what you mean from your description .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back