Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hot air stuck on

dubfordstyling

Trainee
Hi All,

My heater has decided to only pump out hot air from the main vents. Anybody know whats caused this as its going to get pretty uncomfortable in the summer!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Angus,

Drop Tore an email and he'll talk you through the likely causes, asking a few questions along the way. He knows his stuff. He's quite active on Rennlist if you need to PM him.

Chris

One side or both sides of the passenger compartment? Sounds like a flap in the mixer servo in the footwell that has stuck.

Hopefully you will be able to free it off/clean contacts as these parts aint cheap :what:

Do you think that would explain why I was sometimes getting constant heat on the drivers side footwell? This was before I got constant heat everywhere.

More than likely but I would think it unusual for both to fail at the same time. When you move the heat dial do you hear any levers move?

No it's a bit fiddly

Allow lots of time and it's worth taking a tranquiiser before you start

So I managed to pull the footwell apart and can't seem to see where the mixer servo. Am I being thick? I assumed it was in the middle of this pipe?

dubfordstyling said:
So I managed to pull the footwell apart and can't seem to see where the mixer servo. Am I being thick? I assumed it was in the middle of this pipe?

The mixing servo (x2) are found in the front luggage compartment. Remove the plastic cover under the scuttle panel and all will be revealed lil!
I'd do a few searches on heater servo diy's before you start, and stock up on the tranquillisers.
As previously mentioned, Tore B is the man for this...
http://www.bergvillfx.com/porschehvac1

Enjoy!!

dubfordstyling said:

The mixing servo (x2) are found in the front luggage compartment. Remove the plastic cover under the scuttle panel and all will be revealed lil!
I'd do a few searches on heater servo diy's before you start, and stock up on the tranquillisers.
As previously mentioned, Tore B is the man for this...
http://www.bergvillfx.com/porschehvac1

Enjoy!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back