Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 993 C2S wheels

Trantorman

Nurburgring
Hi,

I am currently selling my fully restored Tiptronic C2S on SOR.

it currently does not have its original wheels, so in the interests of putting it back to full factory standard I am looking for a full set of solid spoke wide body 993 wheels.

if you have a set for sale please get in touch.

Thanks

I will have a full set of Wide Body offset correct Hollow Spokes available soon. PM sent.

edit: if the car has option code 408 on the build sheet/option sticker

Pedant mode on :D . The S was available with Cup 2s (as standard) or an optional upgrade to hollow spokes - only the C4S ran solid spoke from the factory. However, most buyers won't know or care. GLWS

a set of wide body cup 2's would be fine then?

The challenge is actually working out what wheels would have been on it, given everyone seems to have a diffrent view....

Trantorman said:
a set of wide body cup 2's would be fine then?

The challenge is actually working out what wheels would have been on it, given everyone seems to have a diffrent view....

My understanding is:

The Cup 2s are the same as the NB versions and fitted with spacers. That was the standard spec. I have them on mine.

The only available factory upgrade option for the wheels was M408 (as NottsRS has alluded to - and has a set of) which was a set of hollow spokes with wide-body offset which do not require spacers. Remarkably good value at the time. But not such a cheap option now.

So if you don't have 408 on the build sticker then a set of NB cups with spacers would be as originally delivered. However some buyers expect 18s on a wide body.

No Carrera S cars left the factory with solid spoke turbo look wheels.

Hope this helps.

:thumb:

Most usefull given that the car currently has spacers and cup 2's so is actually then technically correct. As ever the expectation of buyers becomes the challenge.

I have a set of genuine 993 Turbo Twist solid spoke wheels for sale in the classified section of this forum if you wanted to go down that route?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back