Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Next project. Centre GT3 style exhausts on 996. With pics.

C11BRA

I'm back.

Next project is centre exhausts on my 996.1

I've just won a 996.2 rear bumper on EBay so I can start trials.

My plan is to merge in the GT3 diffuser from the 991. Here's a before & after mock up.

:popcorn:

Wouldn't it have been easier to just get the Cup PU? Presumably you enjoy a bit of fabrication? Or was the part that you got just really keenly priced?

Too easy.

Oh. And probably too expensive for this budget car.

Looking forward to seeing this!

Add me to the list of people eagerly awaiting the pics :thumb:

Looks like one to keep an eye on :thumb:

1st mock up and hit a snag already. The cats are preventing me getting the outlets as high as I wanted them.

Not sure if I can live with them lower down. I'll photoshop them so you guys can give me your thoughts.

Here's a quick mock up.

Thoughts please.

Nice job for doing something different. However I think it looks a bit odd; like when you have a kit car made to look like a Ferrari and one of the giveaways you can see from 50m away is that the exhaust pipes are in completely the wrong place.

MC

I say go for it.
Looks great.
Iceboy
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back