Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Definitive exhaust question

highway

Mexico City
Earlier in my 993 Owning life I've heard Fisters, RSR's and some others. Whilst at Precision last week I heard a lovely sounding 993 cab. Bit louder than standard at idle, sounded great. Didn't get to ask the owner what he'd had done.

I need to increase my soundtrack. Car makes a nice noise. I'd just like it turned up a little. Not coarse shouty noise, literally keeping the quality of the sound as is just turning it up. A performance gain a welcome but not must have.

I've spoken to the ever helpful Matt at Type 911 who suggested Dansk sport cat may give me the sound I'm looking for.

Also considering a visit to Gert for RSR's or the Hollamby mod via Precision.

Am I over looking anything, what is, if anything, accepted as 'best'?

highway said:
Earlier in my 993 Owning life I've heard Fisters, RSR's and some others. Whilst at Precision last week I heard a lovely sounding 993 cab. Bit louder than standard at idle, sounded great. Didn't get to ask the owner what he'd had done.

I need to increase my soundtrack. Car makes a nice noise. I'd just like it turned up a little. Not coarse shouty noise, literally keeping the quality of the sound as is just turning it up. A performance gain a welcome but not must have.

I've spoken to the ever helpful Matt at Type 911 who suggested Dansk sport cat may give me the sound I'm looking for.

Also considering a visit to Gert for RSR's or the Hollamby mod via Precision.

Am I over looking anything, what is, if anything, accepted as 'best'?

Just my opinion of course but I found a sports cat and hollamby mod together too loud/shouty. Maybe one or the other !
Currently running a 200 CEL cat with standard mufflers and that works for me.
Just saying maybe do one at a time :thumb:

I was at Precision last week and remember haw good that car sounded as it pulled away, I think we all heard the bark on start up. Very nice good to hear what mods the 993 Cab has.

Steve ...... I have RSRs ...... come Stuttgart/Dinslaken at the end of the month I am sure you will be spoiled for choice on what would suit you best ...... I am big fan of RSRs ...... to me they just sound so right ....... :dont know:

Likewise, I have Fister 2's so you'll be able to compare.

I feel pain for the poor locals when they all come to life at once (at 5am!) for the drive to Stuttgart.

I've heard Fister's can be painful and I'm strictly a 'one way street' kind a guy :what:

I had the Hollamby bypass on mine and that was 'just right' only got the noise when you really needed it :thumb: I'm sure the 'trip' will offer up lot's of choice. I was lucky enough to secure a second set of boxes so I could 'experiment' with them. In hindsight I should have perhaps gone for a bigger diameter pipe

Matt has an attractive looking Dansk sports cat which is tempting as an off the shelf, easy to fit option. The Gert option also attractive, I like the idea of a road trip with a purpose. I will seek to experience the full smorgasbord of options during our fast approaching shebonga.

Cargraphic 200 cell x-pipes with Dansk Sports just about right to my ears.
Ran RSR's for a long time but a tail pipe snapped off. The Dansks give about the same volume but lower note.
Caragraphics going soon to be replaced by Fabspeed 200 cell x-pipes when they arrive (3 weeks to date).
I'll be sticking the Cargraphics on t'bay.
Less weight more power, more noise can't wait.

Hi

I dislike antisocially loud exhausts, but for me Gerts 100 cell cats in the standard enclosure with standard mufflers is a great solution. The car is pretty noisy at idle, with a very mechanical sound, but does not boom on the motorway, and is pretty quiet when just poodling about. Put your foot down and it sounds fantastic.

Plus you get a power increase. Why change the exhausts and throw away the opportunity of more power?

So sports cats and standard mufflers is my suggestion.

I have Dansk 100 cat with Gert's RSR. Yet another you can listen to soon!

When I bought the car it has Dansk mufflers in place of the RSR and the boom was too much and gave me an actual headache on ever trip.

Hi all,

I too had the dansk mufflers and they were awful, not much different outside but really boomy inside... I changed them to Fister 2s which I like a lot, more volume and rasp outside no boom inside.... I have just bought the Dansk 100 cell cat, which I plan to fit in a couple of weeks (when I get the car back from the wheel arch painting shop)....

I will let you know how it sounds.... might even do a little vid!

Cheers
Lig.

Fister III's on my last 993S and I'm just about to fit a set of ceramic coated Fister III's on my latest NB car. Love the sound and zero drone at cruising speeds.

C.

Lig said:
I will let you know how it sounds.... might even do a little vid!

Lig, interested to hear that as I'm also planning to add some sports cats to the Fister 2s

Hi Bob,

Yeah I will keep you posted. It will probably be in 2-3 weeks....

I am hoping it will give a more free revving feel (it did when I fitted 200cell cats on my old Elise) and hoping for a bit more sound although I am a bit worried that it will introduce some boom in the cabin... but only one way to find out!!

Cheers,
Lig.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back