Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2009 Cayenne GTS or Turbo?

solidgold

I am looking at one securing one of these by next week and will need some expert advise on the pros and cons. Currently driving an X6 3.0 and ditching it after 120,000km. The wear and tear is happening fast and furious and this is the 4th time I have sent it into the workshop this year.

I am looking at a 2009 Cayenne GTS or Turbo with about 50k-70k km done and they are price about 10k difference (about 5K UK Pounds). Priority is reliability for me and that also means less $ to maintain it for the next 3 years. I know the power delivery is different too although both 957 is 4.8l V8. 100bhp more on the Turbo. I also heard that there is lagged below 3000 rpm on the turbo but it is a blast once you get pass 3000.

The GTS is a rear wheel drive and how is the road holding compared to the Turbo? I like the shape of the 957 and will stick to either one. Only prob is which to pick? :?:

All Cayennes in all generations are 4 wheel drive

If running costs are a factor the lower purchase price of the GTS would b the choice

Spec wise, find a car with air suspension, other than that I will have all the toys

I'd get the turbo
can't beat all that torque in a 4x4
I don't remember any lag in mine...

I love my turboS, it it bonkers quick for a 4x4, even faster if you tinker a bit, :D
If handling is your thing ? Get the air suspension, kits are available to lower or higher it, from £65 to £600,

In the UK there's very little difference in the pricing between a used 2009 cayenne GTS or Turbo.

The turbo's do tend to be better spec'd being the flagship model and if the early Mk1 is anything to go by retain their value better once past 10 years old.

MPG is largely the same so the only downside I can see is that the turbo has a few more additional components that could fail over and above those fitted to N/A GTS.

We are also looking to trade into either of those you mention having owned a '03 Cayenne S since 2007 and can't imaging replacing it with anything else.

:thumb:

Finally nailed the 957 Cayenne GTS. 7yr old car but with very low mileage (35K km). Caratere bodykit and 22" Rims comes with it too. Will need to add a few more things to it to make it more "user friendly" (Garmin GPS, LED lights to replace the old fog bar light. Replacing the fog light bulbs, etc).

:thumbs: That looks really nice! Have to say I am really tempted by a cayenne, although I would want a turbo. Trying to convince the missus that I need one is the hardest part.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back