Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Time Porsche buyer

Bogus

Hi All,
Just purchased my first Porsche!!!!
Simple words cant describe on how delighted and over the moon I am on this ownership..
after a series of luxury barges, finally decided to take the plunge into the world of real cars and i could not have made a better choice.
My car is a 2014(63) 991 C4S in Basalt black and pebble grey interior with PSE, Sports Chrono plus, PDK, heated seats, Bose, 18 way adjustable adaptive seats

I picked this spec based on the invaluable information provided by various members on this forum and i am learning more about the marquee and the car in particular every day..

First impressions
Simply phenomenal!! the amount of grip this car has is just astounding. i am able to take corners at speeds which i would never even dream off in any other car i have had before and the confidence it gives you is just great.

and then there is the noise. Sounds like Thor has visited planet earth everytime i start the engine or if take the engine past 6000rpm.

Still early days and as DZR pointed out in another post, i am grinning like a Cheshire cat everytime i get in and start the car..
I managed to get the Porsche Silverstone experience tghrown in even though it is an used car and rally looking forward to being able to exploit the performance of this in a much more controlled environment.

Will post some pics soon!!

11 months later I still get that feeling.

Congrats and enjoy!

Unless I am mistaken I don't think you can drive your own car at Silverstone. They let you try out a of theirs.

I'm booking to go soon too. They let you do 3 hours alone or you can take someone with you and do 1.5 hours each.

yes, and i would not want to take my car out to a track so quickly after i purchased it. Also i dont think my skill level is any good with a sports car as i have had luxury 2 tonne barges so far..
so really looking forward to driving and learning what a Porsche can do in a controlled way first..

You and I both. My 911 is also the first proper sports car I have had. Hope to learn to drive it properly there.

Congrats on the new car and I look forward to seeing some pics :thumb:

Congratulations :thumbs:

Ps you can drive your own car at silverstone , but no point using your own tyres and breaks up , and if you bin it you'll have a job on getting your Insurance to pay out .

Rockunrolla said:
Congratulations :thumbs:

Ps you can drive your own car at silverstone , but no point using your own tyres and breaks up , and if you bin it you'll have a job on getting your Insurance to pay out .

Yes, will eventually want to take my own car but not now. will use thier cars and get the hang of the cars and then..

Just crossed one week of ownership and juts one word.. phenomenal..

After a series of luxury barges, this car has shown me what true motoring is all about. I can't stop grinning and can't wait for the weekend to keep taking her out.
The sports plus mode and the sound the car makes above 5.5k ram is just pure bliss...

Motorway awesome, A roads awesome, B roads. Mind blowing..

But like all good things don't last have a few niggles and would appreciate your feedback and advice.

While driving the car around town at slow speeds, the brakes squeal. I spoke to the OPC and the service guy said that a little bit of squeal is normal as the car has high performance brakes.

He said when the car is driven slowly for a long period a glaze forms and it would disappear after I do a bit of spirited driving. This is my first Porsche and do not know what to make of it as with my previous cars, a squeal when pads are new is ok but not at 19k miles.

Also, the front and rear pads are only 30% worn as per the 111 point check done before the car was sold.

Your expert comments would be much appreciated.

Use then harder, get them hotter and the squeal will stop

http://www.aa1car.com/library/bfixes.htm

I was just reading this article above, funnily enough it has a section on brake squeal. Might help you to read and revisit OPC armed with information to all aspects of brakes and possible diagnosis.

Hope it helps. :thumb:

MNC911

No problem, hope it helps. That's what it's all about helping others.
:thumb:

I am a new owner too but in my case a 997 GTS...had it about a month.

Just on the PEC, you can take your own car out if you have the right kind of session booked.

I am going up there on a PCGB organised day at the beginning of May...90 mins one on one instruction. I actually joined PCGB because I thought it was a great thing to do to learn the limits of the car.

My understanding is that it's not a track day more about teaching you what you r car is capable of and more importantly what you are capable of! It was organised by the 997 register but they expanded it so some 991's are going now too. Originally there were two sessions with about 10 cars in each, I know there is now a third session such was demand.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back