Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Forgive me forum, for I have sinned...

HSC911

Sebring
..for the last few days, I have been committing forum adultery and have been posting on another forum...

...but by god, I LOVE THIS VAN, I actually look forward to driving it more than the Porker!!!

Lots of plans for her, with a little sprinkling of Porsche though.

Before pics:

8FEFE33C-CD78-48D1-AE06-1F7AF4539D91_zpswgcicuvw.jpg

2C3777BE-3AD9-4841-B6AC-363C2483BC27_zpsab37ffkg.jpg

1344BD51-0266-4FE0-A7E7-F545750009B8_zps5bcdwh69.jpg

95B3753B-441D-4BC0-8B64-F40157E7F5F4_zpsh9d65smw.jpg

Inside - Blinds, lights, air con, twin sliding doors:

1A5F88C6-BBE2-4641-A462-325F236A3F6B_zps1h4beqxw.jpg

Look at the space I have!!!!!!!!

0FD8DA04-733D-481D-979D-D687DA17EE41_zpskg1ced2a.jpg

Sorry Kimbo:
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=110598

Hopefully she will look like this:

6EEF0F30-4F27-41ED-A149-6578839F89EF-168-000000146CDAD20A_zps2148df74.jpg

jape0531lo_s830x0_q80_noupscale.jpg

Wheels:

9d6362b0eab798e4767fe61e9198e0e4.jpg

campervan.gif

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

How much do you charge for an airport run :dont know:

Zingari said:
How much do you charge for an airport run :dont know:

Picked her up from Poole on Friday, since then I have done 700+ miles:
Trip back.
Family, mine plus grand parents, trip to see more family in Midlands.
Drop off some wheels to the bloke that bought this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-Pors...gyhy9DD%2B6hp6ADUYlJo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Same trip to the Midlands
Picked up a cupboard for sister in law
Dropped off a fridge to tidy tip, has side windows so is allowed at tidy tip, for brother in law
And a booking to Luton airport for 8 for my cousin's stag to Marbs!

Will go to VMAX in it on Sunday if anyone needs stuff moving :thumb:

Dam that's the other end of the scale from a 911.
Could be made quite cool big bed and widescreen tv in the back spirit optics fitted. and a decent wrap :grin: :thumb: I might even get persuaded as well

Attachments

• pres_54e1b6e1a71ef_1_520.jpg
    pres_54e1b6e1a71ef_1_520.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 14,732
  • download_1_160.jpg
    download_1_160.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 14,730
  • dsc01529_132.jpg
    dsc01529_132.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 14,727
Nice T4!!

I bought my father in law one about a month ago. Its fully converted into a camper with a gas hob, double bed, wardrobe and running water!

Its even got disco lights and LED downlights in the roof!

The best bit? Its the Audi derived 2.5 TDI engine which has done 306,000 miles and is going very strong. Its been remapped to a whopping 136bhp, but its a nice thing to drive.

There are a couple of classic engine bits to sort out - small oil leak from the filler neck gasket, but its had both timing belts done 10k miles ago so I think it'll out live all of us!

T4, the last of the over-engineered VW vans......

ragpicker said:
Nice T4!!

I bought my father in law one about a month ago. Its fully converted into a camper with a gas hob, double bed, wardrobe and running water!

The best bit? Its the Audi derived 2.5 TDI engine which has done 306,000 miles and is going very strong. Its been remapped to a whopping 136bhp, but its a nice thing to drive.

There are a couple of classic engine bits to sort out - small oil leak from the filler neck gasket, but its had both timing belts done 10k miles ago so I think it'll out live all of us!

Ragpicker - if you ever manage to fix that oil leak on the filler neck let me know! My 2.5 LT35 has leaked for the last three years and i can never get it to seal :sad: .... Ta in advance.

toohey said:
ragpicker said:
Nice T4!!

Ragpicker - if you ever manage to fix that oil leak on the filler neck let me know! My 2.5 LT35 has leaked for the last three years and i can never get it to seal :sad: .... Ta in advance.

Oh no, don't tell me that! That is my Saturday morning job! :nooo:

ragpicker said:
toohey said:
ragpicker said:
Nice T4!!

Oh no, don't tell me that! That is my Saturday morning job! :nooo:

....Mines an elderly LT35 from 1996 that i use for track days with the bikes - Ive tried new o-ring seals on the joint between filler neck and rocker but it never seems to stop it for very long. Don't know if the T4 has the same design though as its engine bay is a whole lot more cramped than an LT. It's worth trying to fix it as eventually the oil leak softens the exhaust manifold gasket and it will start leaking. The exhaust gasket is an easy fix on the LT as there is plenty of room but i don't suspect it will be so easy on the T4 ..... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!

ragpicker said:
The best bit? Its the Audi derived 2.5 TDI engine which has done 306,000 miles and is going very strong.

Nice, I can see a van thread starting soon!!!

Mine had a new engine in 2006 at 84k, so this has only done 70k, with FULL VW service history from Breeze in Poole. Amazing condition for age.

It's replaced my 2001 1.4tdi Polo £30 tax as a daily. This does everything and more.

I wasn't this emotional about the 911 as I have been the last few days with this thing.

Saw that 'rust' wrap thread the other day and was thinking about a wrap. Homage to the 911's. I would put Hollow spokes or Sport Classic wheels on but too small, need at least 20".

Cayenne wheels look ok:

DSC_0002___.jpg

Glensmobilepics141.jpg

382aa-dsc_8909.jpg

Takes me back to when I were a nipper and custom vans, usually transits or Bedfords, were a thing, with murals all over them and everything inside trimmed out with fluorescent fur!! :floor:

I have a MWB High top 311 sprinter.
3 bikes in the Back.
5 seats
rear windows
leisure battery
Cooker, microwave, fresh and waste water
Eberspacher heater
fold away beds.

It is called rusty.

Each to their own, but I like to be able to stand up in the back, which you can't do in a smaller van.

That Martini t2 is GORGEOUS

Oh man, I love vans. Trouble is they're a slippery slope to 'Mods ville'. I do like the T5/6. I've got a Vito Sport myself, chipped up to 254 bhp. As mentioned above, I too use it to cart my bike about for track days. I totally get the van vibe! Enjoy....

Norfolk & Idea said:
they're a slippery slope to 'Mods ville'.

Tell me about it :sad: :sad: :sad:

Joined the T4/T5 forum, be jeeesussssssss!!!!

Some things that people have done to bog std vans :worship:

I've got a list as long as my arm already, but just keep adding and adding...I think I will just stick to outside mods, if I want the inside doing then I will just buy one done already.

Wheels and coilovers first priority...or shall I go air ride :?:

634c89fe0d1e014ef86c09e1f01af122.jpg

Been toying with getting one of these for the past couple of years. I think we will in the next year or so. Was going to go the same route as you i.e. Shuttle so its more car like inside, twin sliding doors etc. SWB for us though. Im right in saying there classed as cars as well so you can do 70mph on duallers as well?

I reckon a wee drop with some banded 17in steels looks really cool with a couple of subtle spoilers.

The problem is finding one for decent money, they certainly hold their value!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back