Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Collect my 991.1 on Thursday!

Simon991

Hi. My first post on here having migrated from Macan Owners Forum!

Pick up my 991.1 on Thursday and pretty excited! Realisation of a childhood dream, as I'm sure it is for many on here?

Any advice for a newbie 991 owner?

All views and help welcomed.

Cheers

Simon

No advice yet, sad to say, but got any pictures? Failing that, any details?

Hi. It's a 2013 Carrera on a 62 plate. Done just over 19,200 miles.

Platinum silver, PDK, PSE, 20" Carrera S wheels, heated seats, BOSE, cruise, PS+, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, rear park assist, sports steering wheel...

Will try to figure out to add pics on Thursday when I get it... :wink:

Cheers

Simon

Congrats

Go through the hand over very carefully to make sure everything is as you would expect it.

From an OPC or other ?

Thanks!

From an OPC - Tewkesbury. Comes with 2 year warranty, but will check carefully as you suggest.

Had service and MOT in December I think.

Looks to be in very good nick when I test drove it and checked it out on Saturday... :)

Pic

My first go at attaching a pic!

Attachments

• image_361.jpeg
    image_361.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10,557
Pic 2

Second pic

Attachments

• image_676.jpeg
    image_676.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 10,554
Love that, great wheels :yes:

Super spec as well, lucky man.

As 991UK says, check it carefully. It wouldn't be so easy going back with a paint blemish compared to pointing it out before it goes anywhere.

Thanks, MJA911!

Will take my magnifying glass with me for pick up! :wink:

I guess the bodywork and wheels are the most important to check with care?

Interior too, I would say anything that you would have a challenge to convince them was a cosmetic defect that was already there rather than had been caused by you after pick up.

Thanks again. I did notice some minor indentations to the black leather of the rear seats on Saturday. I'll check that out too...

Roll on 9am on Thursday! :D

Simon991 said:
Thanks again. I did notice some minor indentations to the black leather of the rear seats on Saturday. I'll check that out too...

Roll on 9am on Thursday! :D

Very, very nice indeed and good health to enjoy.

I wouldn't worry about the indentations - used to be massive street cred when I was a teenager.......... :hand: :thumb:

Lovely looking car. :thumb:

In terms of advice :-

1. Get the car professionally detailed and waxed/sealed - it will look even more gorgeous.
2. Book a session at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone to appreciate the full range of capabilities of your new car - you will be astounded at what it can do. :lol:
3. Learn how the car behaves under all driving conditions on normal roads, and learn how to exploit the performance in a safe and controlled manner.
4. Grin like a Cheshire Cat every time you get in the car. :D

Good luck, and health to enjoy.

at 20k miles, it should have been through a full service, so you need to get the low down on how much life is left on all of the consumables especially the tyres and brakes

also ask them what work was done on the car for the prep to get the car ready for sale

Thanks guys.

Went to Silverstone recently when I ordered my Macan. Asked about another Silverstone trip, but they said it's a freebie for new cars only.

Had my last car detailed and was very impressed. May well do so with this one, depending on how it looks on Thursday.

Yep, it had 20k service in December I think, so I'll check that out too...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back