Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vintage reissues...

Robertb

I see Jaguar are making 9 XKSSs at £1m a pop, following on from the 6 lightweight E Types.

I wonder if Porsche should follow suit with some more 1973 style RSs. They should probably start remaking the 993 too!

I reckon Ferrari could sell a few new 250 GTOs and California Spyders.

What other cars would you like to see 'reissued'?

lola t70
Ferrari p3 or p4
various racing porsches
there are more

Robertb said:
I see Jaguar are making 9 XKSSs at £1m a pop, following on from the 6 lightweight E Types.

I wonder if Porsche should follow suit with some more 1973 style RSs. They should probably start remaking the 993 too!

I reckon Ferrari could sell a few new 250 GTOs and California Spyders.

What other cars would you like to see 'reissued'?

While it makes a nice bit of cash for Tata, I think Jaguar are possibly looking backwards too much if this is going to be an ongoing thing. They keep retreating into being a nostalgia brand while Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes, Ferrari etc keep progressing, always pushing the boundaries, always stretching themselves while acknowledging and showing due recognition to their legacy.

So far they've just used chassis nos of cars that were allocated but never built, or in the case of the XKSSs, destroyed in a fire. Presumably they've run out now!

Aston DB5 would probably do well again.

FRP said:
lola t70
Ferrari p3 or p4
various racing porsches
there are more

1976 Jaguar XJC 'Brooklands' with modern XJ R Type running gear :grin:

I think this is a valid market for car companies to go down. Who wouldn't want an early model 911 without the issues of buying a 40 year old car. The likes of Singer are making a packet on remaking classics new again, so why not create a business line to cater for the need.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back