Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS clutch or lightweight

Stimpy

Monza
Righto, so I'm in need of a new clutch and fancied an RS derivative / single plate type. Need to get one ordered asap.

I've seen something advertised at Rose passion which looks to be a full kit - I'll find the link later - Design 911 have similar options but obviously more costly...

My intended use is Fast road with a few track days. What have folk fitted / recommend?

I will have the ecu sorted for the lwfw idling issues.

Thanks...

I like the conversion, the engine is a lot more responsive in the lower gears and I haven't had the stall issue. Be aware that there is a lot more gearbox chatter at idle and low revs which some find a bit disconcerting.
The complete kit is not cheap when compared to a simple clutch plate change for use with a dual mass flywheel.

I ordered an RS one once.
And didn't need it.
The restock charge stung a bit.

Don't go down that road.

My usage is same as you - fast road and ocassional track.

Can't compare to original clutch and flywheel as car had RS & lightweight when I bought it (installed 2015 by Jaz) but no problems here and it feels great to drive, zipping up the revs agressively.

You do need to be delicate on the clutch at low speeds and from standing stop, fair bit easier to stall than my previous 993 if not really concentrating. But to put in context, went for 3 hour drive yesterday round hertfordshire country lanes with fair bit of traffic and only stalled once when reversing on 3 point turn.Dont think car has Steve Wong chip but does have a strong engine pushinh 271bhp from RPM Technik topend rebuild so that probably helps.

Have ordered the Rose Passion RS option now... Looks to have everything needed bar the whilst you're in there stuff!

Will assess that stuff when the engine is out.....

Thanks

As ras62 says stalling is not really a problem. The proviso being that your fuel and ignition system is in good shape. Mine gradually developed a stalling issue after the LWF upgrade. We later found a problem with the twin dizzy assembly so Jonny at Unit 11 rebuilt it for me and the stalling problem disappeared.

How are you getting along with the new car Steve? A little comparison between the Cayman R and the 64 would be nice, maybe after you have given the new steed its first track outing?

Thanks lads... Wish i could do pics.

So Nigel and i got the engine out on monday and stripped everything down. Going to deal with a few of the oil leaks and other bits whilst it is out but have to get everything tip top for the end of april for a Germany trip else i'd be doing a lot more!

Re clutch change we found the following: Clutch fork was worn but had a new spindle and bearings, crank end seal leaking, gearbox seal leaking. Everything should be coming in today including last clutch bits, engine seals, gearbox seals, some tinware etc...

Then i am also going to be replacing my rusty fuel lines with aeroquip braided type stuff, rebuild the pas pump, sort final bleeding on brakes and pdas system and a lot of general tidying and items i've forgotten!...

I'll do an update on the clutch when i'm done...

Oh, and my car was surging/stalling before so i don't expect it to be any better! We're working through some of the known issues on that also....

Good luck with the project Stimpy, sounds like it's coming along nicely :thumb:

Paz said:
Good luck with the project Stimpy, sounds like it's coming along nicely :thumb:

Hehe... Hello mate!

Going pretty well all things considered but Nige has been sent abroad now... Need to get it back together , tested, geo'd etc in 3 weeks to leave for Germany... 😜

I'll send you some pics... May be able to do a drink/ dinner / catchup next weekend between garage work potentially?

Rs clutch

Hi Stimpy, Any update on this kit? I'm about to take the plunge but need a little reassurance.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back