Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pirelli P Zero's on Tyreleader.co.uk. I'm confused?

Whytar

Can somebody please clarify the following. Below you can see 2 tyres listed on Tyreleader. Both are the standard Pirelli P Zero tyre, however one is N2 rated to fit Porsche and one is RO1 rated for Mercedes Benz.
Also you will notice the prices are different! Are these the same tyre?
I assume Pirelli only make one P Zero and it fits all cars, not a different type of P Zero for different manufacturers?

No takers for my question?

RO1 is Audi not MB approved. Yes there are/can be subtle differences between these ratings, yes they are all made different, you can't mould the 'rating' on to the side afterwards.

And it doesnt stop there, they even make Audi approved AO with an extra KA marking for A5/S5 only.

Still doesnt make them any better, they're rubbish and I wouldn't fit them.

I was discussing the wear behaviour of these with a fellow tyre supplier. He was sure they are designed for the German market where they replace at 4mm, so only designed to work down to 4mm unlike over here where we tend to run them down to the cords.

The Audi would be a fair chunk heavier than the Porsche too so maybe there is a difference there in the tyre manufacture.

Go with the n rated one. Its cheaper too!!

Chris W said:
RO1 is Audi not MB approved. Yes there are/can be subtle differences between these ratings, yes they are all made different, you can't mould the 'rating' on to the side afterwards.

And it doesnt stop there, they even make Audi approved AO with an extra KA marking for A5/S5 only.

Still doesnt make them any better, they're rubbish and I wouldn't fit them.

I was discussing the wear behaviour of these with a fellow tyre supplier. He was sure they are designed for the German market where they replace at 4mm, so only designed to work down to 4mm unlike over here where we tend to run them down to the cords.

Chris, thank you for the clarification. If you aren't a fan of PZero's, what tyre would you suggest for a 997.2 4S?

Michelin PS2 N2 every time!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back