Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Plastic trim scuffs - smart repair?

jpsh120

Sao Paulo
There I was having a peaceful evening watching the match when wifey came through the door ranting.

She's managed to scuff the plastic wheel arch trim on her juke, my fault by the way for parking my car in the way (it isn't)!!

So does anyone know a clever way to remove scuffs from textured plastic trim? It's a light scuff, no gauging in the plastic. Alternatively, is this the sort of thing smart repair firms can fix?

Depends on the original finish of the trim. If it's a rough (etched) type finish on it - forget about it and get a new trim. If it's smooth, I've filled and resprayed with matt black paint before now and you can't tell.

May sound strange but try some WD40 on it before you take any more drastic actions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back