Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fixed Porsche Servicing Aberdeen (Cayman S Gen 2)

S A Watt

Monza
Hi guys

Hoping someone can give me a bit of advice here.

I have a 2010 Cayman S

The car is due its 6 year service which is shown as minor

I had a look on Porsche website and fixed servicing is show as £375 and £95 for brake fluid if needed.

The car had a major service in 2014 and has covered 4000 miles since
So at 23,000 miles :?

The car is not under warranty so no issue there but want to keep the Porsche stamp in book for service.

In the last service the car had service plus brake fluid change, spark plug change, airbags checked, new tyre seal kit, air conditioning service, replace brake pads and discs front and drive belt check.

Before I phone the OPC to get things arranged I am looking for advice on any extras it needs beyond the standard minor service and cost I should expect

Always a bit worried these guys lay it on and if we don't know we say yes.

Thanks in advance folks

When were the discs and pads changed? If there is a chance they're due before the next scheduled service (ie 20k miles) then they will advise. Be warned you might be looking at £1k for the job :eek:

Personally I'd check them beforehand and if they are, especially as you're not under OPC warranty, buy the parts yourself (Mister-Auto for example) and get someone else to fit them.

You can also take your own oil as long as its sealed and the right spec and they will delete it from the fixed service price. In my case they knocked off £165 for the £50 I spent from Opie for Mobil1 :grin:

Thanks for the response.

The discs are all good as the fronts were all redone 4000 miles ago and the car had a 111 check done 2000 miles ago and all was good then.

If brake fluid was done 2 years ago would they wish to do it again?

The other thing I was thinking on was the drive belt it has never been replaced so are the going to hit me with that?

If it need these things they it needs it. But don't want to pay for things it does not need.

I'll give them a phone and see the score.

Brake fluid is on a 2yr cycle so yes they will want to do it.

Normally they will look over all the OPC work the car has had done and then recommend what is needed. What does the service schedule in the book say when a drive belt should be replaced

Ok

Update for you

Phoned Aberdeen Porsche OPC and initially quoted £480 for minor service and £105 for brake fluid change.

I pointed out fixed price servicing on Porsche website. They came back and said they don't participate with this. (See website which says in small print participating ones only) but they would honour the price for me.

So looking at

£375 for service, £95 for brake fluid and then it needs a drive belt and air cleaner cartridge change (what's this?)which is £150 for both. So total cost of £620 all in with vat

I get half an hour with the technician to look over the car foc.

Will also get a loan car while in

I think this looks OK to me and am quite happy as it keeps the service book Porsche.

They did say I can take my own oil if I want and they will knock off £90.

Unless I can get this for about £50 then probably not worth it but happy for anyone's advice.

I would go to them for the service just to keep the book stamped.
The rest I tend to do myself.
Oil, Mobil 1 you can get 5L for £30 in Costco.
The belt, you can get for around £25 & its less than an hour to change.
The air cleaner will either be the engine filter or cabin pollen filter.

If you decide to do any of it DIY, give me a shout, I'm not that far from you.

:thumb:

Thanks for the kind offer

I'm going to get the work done by OPC.

Just nervous about diy on it and really I think cost is fair when we look at it all in.

I wish I could get that oil at £30 a pop as I would def give that to the guys and save a little but I'm not a Costco card holder and can't see on their website. :nooo:

If any one sees a deal let me know

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back