Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyreleader.co.uk Pilot Cup 2s

isysman

So Just bought a set of tyres for my 911. Michelin Sport Cup 2 front and back, 325/30/19 245/35/19.

I had them set up to buy from Black Circles but I saw someone mention tyreleader so priced them up and I saved £90! Result.

Oh Price was £586.30 rear and £445.98 front Total £1032.28 Price from blackcircles was £1120

:thumbs: probably me, I use them all the time.

They can be competitive but don't celebrate until you receive them.

They have a habit of listing stuff, you have to pay upfront, then get an email saying they've cancelled your order due to no stock. Then it can take 2 weeks to get a refund. No phone contact and no direct email system is very stressful with large amounts of money involved.

Chris W said:

They have a habit of listing stuff, you have to pay upfront, then get an email saying they've cancelled your order due to no stock. Then it can take 2 weeks to get a refund. No phone contact and no direct email system is very stressful with large amounts of money involved.

I've had 3 sets of Cup 2s from them no probs at all. Also a set of Pirelli Tropheo R.

Now if I could only get my 997t wheels back from you lol!! Keep well mate! :grin:

IMI A said:
Chris W said:

I've had 3 sets of Cup 2s from them no probs at all. Also a set of Pirelli Tropheo R.

Now if I could only get my 997t wheels back from you lol!! Keep well mate! :grin:

Three sets? You've burned through three sets? Or did you put them on your other cars?

Alex I think it was you! Thanks, looks like you saved me some cash.

isysman said:
IMI A said:
Chris W said:

Three sets? You've burned through three sets? Or did you put them on your other cars?

Alex I think it was you! Thanks, looks like you saved me some cash.
Ha ha I've been through one set and bought a spare set as they were so cheap. They were circa £880 delivered to the door so got them bought 7-8 months ago. I didn't bother with N rating which saves a few quid :D

I've bought off them on numerous occasions and once I (google autofill) put an incorrect address in and the post code was miles away. I simple phone call and the tyres were re-directed to my address mid flight.

I'd definitely recommend them to anyone.

I saw a GT3RS 4.0 today in Wilmslow (£279,000 if you're interested LHD) and I couldn't get over how chunky the tyres are compared to mine. Although that car was on Cup 1s.

isysman said:
I saw a GT3RS 4.0 today in Wilmslow (£279,000 if you're interested LHD) and I couldn't get over how chunky the tyres are compared to mine. Although that car was on Cup 1s.

Yes saw the 245 and 325 tyres on a 3.8 RS and immediately started to dig around to see if the fit turbo.

Is it me or are the PCCB bigger on them too?

Hope you sat in it and tried the clutch - similar to GT2.

IMI A said:
isysman said:

Yes saw the 245 and 325 tyres on a 3.8 RS and immediately started to dig around to see if the fit turbo.

Hope you sat in it and tried the clutch - similar to GT2.

No it's a SoR so it was locked. I suppose they would let me in if I asked. I'm going back on Friday to get my car MOT'd so I'll ask then. I'm also ordering my wings and the rest of the bits for the centre radiator so I'm spending some money so they might let me in.

IMI A said:

Nope - same as on any other 997.2 GT/Turbo. The fronts are bigger than a 997.1 though.

So just had an email from Tyreleader telling me my tyres have been shipped! Hooray!

Disco said:
IMI A said:

Nope - same as on any other 997.2 GT/Turbo. The fronts are bigger than a 997.1 though.

The front PCCBs on a 4.0 are bigger than the PCCBs on my 997.1 Turbo?

Chris W said:

They shipped me the wrong tyres, took 9 days to acknowledge error, 7 days further on still waiting on refund.

No tracking info provided and they sent an email saying they would collect tyres in next 5 days and courier turned up an hour after email.

Interestingly the tyres were shipped back to Oponeo in France.

Reordered from Pneus online and correct tyres arrived in 3 days.

porkyb1 said:
Chris W said:

They shipped me the wrong tyres, took 9 days to acknowledge error, 7 days further on still waiting on refund.

No tracking info provided and they sent an email saying they would collect tyres in next 5 days and courier turned up an hour after email.

Interestingly the tyres were shipped back to Oponeo in France.

Reordered from Pneus online and correct tyres arrived in 3 days.

Unfortunate. Hopefully my order will arrive correctly. I've had tracking details for all tyres today and I can see they are in transit. Just hope they are the correct ones.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back