Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good Indy Essex?????

Thefinn said:
Does anyone know a good Indy in South Essex for a service on a 997.

I used to take mine (996 C2 then 996 turbo) to Autostrasse at Coggleshall (between Chelmsford & Colchester) but it all changed as they were bought out approximately 12 months ago and I don't think that any of the original techs/mechanics are still there.

Now take mine to DSD Motorwerks at Billericay. Link below

http://www.dsdmotorwerks.com/

Dave, the owner, is a proper Porsche fanatic and knows his stuff!

Helpful for me too so thanks for the link, shall give them a call for my 996

arry said:
Helpful for me too so thanks for the link, shall give them a call for my 996

And indeed I did give them a call. Booked in for Weds. Guy was helpful and friendly, which is a good start.

Stubbsy996 said:
Now take mine to DSD Motorwerks at Billericay. Link below

http://www.dsdmotorwerks.com/

Dave, the owner, is a proper Porsche fanatic and knows his stuff!

Thanks for the recommendation - I used DSD for servicing last week and picked the car up on Saturday. Some observations:

1) Dave is a lovely bloke and really knows his stuff.
2) You can tell he's well respected just by the calibre of cars he's got in - some lovely stuff in for some fairly major and complicated restoration work. That was a good sign in itself.
3) On first phone conversation Dave was chatty, friendly, knowledgeable; he explained everything that was going to happen and how he operates.
4) When I dropped the car off he kindly gave me a lift to the station without me asking - gent.
5) When I dropped it off he gave me a heads up on the rear discs being worn and gave me some rough pricing there and then. I didn't think they looked too bad but experience tells.
5) Within a few hours I'd had a call with what he'd found. Brakes did need doing, so I gave go-ahead, and coil packs were ok but not great, and asked if I'd want to replace them now to save on the labour cost of doing them later since I was having plugs done - no pressure, just good solid advice.
6) I was struggling for time to pick the car up after everything done and Dave was really flexible - offering up lots of options and offering to stick around for me to get there. He didn't need to do that. Again I didn't ask. That's really good customer care.

My only niggles are:
a) Well, I'd only just detailed the car before I'd dropped it off and can you believe there's a thumb print on my engine cover? Unbelievable.... :hand:
b) Pricing wise labour wasn't cheap. I'm ok with this because I do believe in you get what you pay for, and what I got was - as you can tell from the above - a very good, professional, knowledgeable service; however, it's just a point for balance

Dat thumb print though...... unforgivable :floor:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back