Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

This 930 Turbo is a widowmaker

Lovely vid. What a noise!

Nice that a car like that is owned and appreciated by a family, rather than some poxy collector.

Great video.
Looks like they filmed up McCarrs Creek Road for the really bush scenes, Wakehurst Parkway and Northern Beaches. God's country

FZP said:
Great video.
Looks like they filmed up McCarrs Creek Road for the really bush scenes, Wakehurst Parkway and Northern Beaches. God's country

You got it. Pittwater Road was in there too...
I'm from Davidson, so McCarr's Creek Road is def home turf for me.

Nice video with a a honest story, by a owner that loves the 930 warts and all.

Great driving roads on the northern beaches. McCarrs/Wakehurst/West Head are personal faves followed up with a cruise to Palm Beach.
Comenarra is another bit of suburban joy for testing the sidewalls out. I'll never forget when BMW at Chatswood gave me an E90 M3 for a test drive for the afternoon with my mates.....as he was closing another deal stated he couldn't come on the test drive and apologised profusely 8)
That test drive has gone down in folklore.

LOL, I'm sure every busy-body retiree in South Turramurra remembers that day too.

I picked up the wife and first born from the hospital in my white 930 a special day wish I still had the car :sad:

FZP said:
I'll never forget when BMW at Chatswood gave me an E90 M3 for a test drive for the afternoon with my mates.....

I bought a 320d from Chatswood BMW in 2008 - not quite an M3!

Lived in Killara for a couple of years and do recognise some of the roads in the video - unfortunately didn't drive them in a Porsche, all my cash went on rent!

ColinC said:
FZP said:
I'll never forget when BMW at Chatswood gave me an E90 M3 for a test drive for the afternoon with my mates.....

I bought a 320d from Chatswood BMW in 2008 - not quite an M3!

Lived in Killara for a couple of years and do recognise some of the roads in the video - unfortunately didn't drive them in a Porsche, all my cash went on rent!
Maybe it was you who the dealer was finalising the car for ☺.Killara is a lovely suburb, No wonder you were crying poor!

Nice video, and nice story, thanks for putting it up :thumb:

Loved it. thanks for sharing!

As others have said, such a down to earth view of a great car. Love the number plate - MAD 930.

Mark

Stunning motor.
Porsche just seem to get every incarnation of the Turbo styling just right. I am torn between 930, 965 & 993T as to my absolute favourite though - maybe the 965 just takes it but then that 930 was beautiful. No, wait, just look at the back end of a 993T!!
Anyone in a T car can rightly feel happy with their lot :thumbs:

Deryck really knows the car - superb testimony and understanding of what the 930 Turbo is all about. :thumbs:

A family heirloom that is loved and driven - super stuff. :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back