Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

944 2.5

The owner writes a story about the 944 and not much about this vehicle. No service history means buyer beware in large letters. Unless you are very handy with the spanners and have lots of spare time, repairs can be expensive.

I'm not trying to put you off but there must be cars available with full service history - at least then you know the risk.

Happy hunting, Keith.

Sill covers on these cars are a massive flashing red warning signal.

They were rarely fitted when new and are usually stuck on to hide a horror show of rusty sills.

This car "looks" shiny but if it's that wel looked after why is the engine bay such a state and why no servicing details at all?

It gets more interesting when you check the MOT history:

Failed in August 2014 due to corrosion around the seat belt anchorage points on both sides - aka sills were rust dust!

And then . . .

From 2006 to 2010 it's done 3.5k miles up to 96,930 before presenting for MOT two years later with 37,847 miles on the clock. (The odometer resets at 100,000 so it's either done 40k miles in a year and then sat unused for a year without an MOT or something dubious has gone on - dubious enough to make "losing the service history" a viable get out!

I'd only bother going to see it if you want to sharpen up your Columbo skills and see what not to look for.

Thanks chaps, thats me out, have to love the power of the www.

The owner said no money has been spent on it as it's gone through the mot's with no problems.

:thumbs:

A mate of mine is waiting till the summer to sell his 944 auto, excellent rust free condition, it's sitting in a friends garage waiting to have a sticky rear calliper rebuilt and the speedo fixed. I was going to buy it but decided I wanted a car I could fix up myself and make my own, his is pretty much sorted, he's replaced the engine when the original had a tensioner wheel collapse, put a new water pump and belts on it and never driven it! He's also fitted a crack free dash and a nice linen interior, only thing I think it needs is a few parking dings pushed out but they could be sorted easily. It's in Newcastle though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back