Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport Design Steering Wheel will not Engage Neutral

Bromers

Recently had a Sport Design steering wheel fitted by an OPC to my 991 MY 2012 but pulling both paddles does not engage neutral. Asked OPC if this can be solved with a software update and they said it is not possible on a car of this age. Can anyone with a 991 MY 2012 confirm if pulling both paddles on the Sport Design steering wheel engages neutral?

Didn't even know about this feature :oops:

Will let you know in the morning
:thumb:

mark pearce said:
Pulling both paddles doesn't engage neutral

i thought that feature was on Ferrari's

Mark it does engage neutral when you pull both paddles.. I use this feature everyday.

Neutral can be engaged by pulling both paddles simultaneously whilst driving. Only works on the sport design steering wheel. It worked on my 991 62 plate. 2012 C chassis car. My new car has multifunction on which it does not work.

Neutral can be engaged by pulling both paddles simultaneously whilst driving. Only works on the sport design steering wheel. It worked on my 991 62 plate. 2012 C chassis car. My new car has multifunction on which it does not work.

YES ,, mine does do it ,, when I pull both paddles the D flashes and it is engaged into neutral :thumb:

Though I can't think of any occasion when I would actually want to do this :dont know:

I've just done some reading up , and apparently it not neutral that in engages it's the pdk clutch been fully pressed ,, so n a bend you can rev up and realise to give it a clutch kick and push the tail out for a drift :what:

Would this feature also allow a fast start :?:

Eg - engage drive , pull the paddles to engage the clutch , give big revs them drop the paddles and away :?: :?:

The issue I have with the 991 PDK is that you have to keep your foot on the brake when in heavy traffic to prevent the engine from restarting after the auto stop has engaged and to stop the car then creeping forwards and as we all know the LED brake lights blind the guy behind.

The only options I can come up with to get round this are as follows: -
1) Put the handbrake on but the engine will still restart as soon as you release the brake but the car will not creep forward.
2) Put the car in neutral the result is the same as 1 but you have to remember to put it back in drive when you are ready to move again which means pressing the brake which can distract the guy behind.
3) Put the car in neutral using both paddles the result is the same as 1 but you simply press 1 paddle when you are ready to move again.
4) Put the car in park and the engine will not restart when you release the brake but you have to remember to put it back in drive when you are ready to move again which means pressing the the brake which can distract the guy behind. Also not sure if the reversing lights flash when you go through reverse in both directions which would definitely grab the attention of the guy behind.
5) Always keep the car in sport mode disabling the auto stop and don't worry about the guy behind. :D

What do you guys do?

Bromers said:
The issue I have with the 991 PDK is that you have to keep your foot on the brake when in heavy traffic to prevent the engine from restarting after the auto stop has engaged and to stop the car then creeping forwards and as we all know the LED brake lights blind the guy behind.

The only options I can come up with to get round this are as follows: -
1) Put the handbrake on but the engine will still restart as soon as you release the brake but the car will not creep forward.
2) Put the car in neutral the result is the same as 1 but you have to remember to put it back in drive when you are ready to move again which means pressing the brake which can distract the guy behind.
3) Put the car in neutral using both paddles the result is the same as 1 but you simply press 1 paddle when you are ready to move again.
4) Put the car in park and the engine will not restart when you release the brake but you have to remember to put it back in drive when you are ready to move again which means pressing the the brake which can distract the guy behind. Also not sure if the reversing lights flash when you go through reverse in both directions which would definitely grab the attention of the guy behind.
5) Always keep the car in sport mode disabling the auto stop and don't worry about the guy behind. :D

What do you guys do?

Turn on sport mode turns off start stop function
And not give a rats ass abouts who's behind me .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back