Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.2 1988 G50 coupe NZ to UK...viable?

Texel

About 4 or 5 years ago I bought a 1988 G50 dark (Baltic?) blue coupe off this board and imported it into NZ, the car is quite original but had a little more rust than expected, but new kidney bowls, inner sills and the bit that has the door latch on it and jack stand hole bit etc were all sorted out and got compliance here fine

Its 160? miles, goes great, doesn't leak a spot of oil, starts first pop even if its been sitting for a month in its garage.

Which brings me to the point of the post, I hardly ever drive it, I have a FD Rx7 which I track and generally roar around in, its faster than the '11, way cheaper if I blow it up or end up in a hedge so I was thinking of selling and wondered about the value of the car back in the UK is currently.

I have the original UK plates and the registered holder piece of paper with all the other paperwork, so I'm guessing it should be able to be put back on the road easily enough

It cost me about $NZ3K to bring it out, so its probably about $UK1500 to ship it back.

When I bought this there were about 14 3.2s for sale here, now there is only 2 so I'm struggling to see what they are worth

So the question is, whats its value in the UK currently, I will post some pics at some point.

Thanks

Prices have increased a lot in the years you've had yours :lol:

Looking in the classifieds for a manual coupe of same era is £34k. Good examples go for much higher.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508196195850

You would probably need to be quite keenly priced for a UK buyer (esp a private one) to buy unseen.

I would expect that the fact it's being re-imported , that some of the paperwork / registration / type approval and all that nonsense might be more straightforward :?:

What do they currently fetch in NZ or Aus? Might there not be more money to be had keeping it in the Southern hemisphere?

Worth more and easier to dispose off with far less hassle in Aus/NZ.
Pure guess would be around Aus$90k - 100k.

Thanks for the replies, I would have guessed it was worth about $NZ40-45k (that would be about 18-20k UK) on a good day, but with that said, you don't really see them for sale these days either, so I might be well off the mark. Its not doing any harm sitting in the shed, but ultimately I have to do something with it, so sort of looking at ideas.

Cheers

452991353.jpg

452990960.jpg

452990857.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back