Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Considering a 944 auto for my o/h?

Bund

My o/h hasn't driven for a while and wants an auto, I was thinking an auto Mini but after looking at 944 turbo prices this morning I came across this and she likes the retro look ....

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...44/porsche-944-2-5-only-53k/5133536?v=b#/home

I don't know 944's at all, so I don't know common issues, I don't know if the auto version is a nightmare to live with for example so any advice or recommendations on cars known for sale would be appreciated.

Thanks

There area couple of threads on here at the moment that show some of the common faults with these cars, that one in the link is low mileage but I think a little high priced for an auto, unless it need no work doing at all.

I'm giving mine to the missus to use once completed and I'll use it for some track work at various weekends, luckily she likes a manual box.

That's an appauling repair to the bolster! Makes me wonder about the validity of the mileage? Or, been used for lots of very short journeys by someone who was XXL?

Moving that vehicle on when your o/h is finished with it will be tricky. The auto option on the 944 has very limited appeal.

A tiptronic boxter instead?

Cheers, Keith.

jkeith said:
That's an appauling repair to the bolster! Makes me wonder about the validity of the mileage? Or, been used for lots of very short journeys by someone who was XXL?

Moving that vehicle on when your o/h is finished with it will be tricky. The auto option on the 944 has very limited appeal.

A tiptronic boxter instead?

Cheers, Keith.

Thank you both for your replies.

Keith, I hadnt thought of a boxster!!! Just showed her one and she prefers it so thanks. I'll look into this as an option. I had a S in 03 and loved it so I know it's a good car(well manual 😂).

The early 944 milometer only went up to 99,999 miles so that 53k showing is genuine - but how many times has it clicked back round to zero????

I did start looking at the 996 Tip after the boxster suggestion.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back