Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Designer Key

One hundred and seventeen pounds :eek:

Is it a official porsche part?

Looks very cool though :thumb:

Shaoxter said:
Yeah I've got one, it's awesome :thumb:
Info in this thread here:
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=104273

OPC was cheaper than anywhere else when I was looking.

Evening Shaox

Been speaking to OPC Bristol today - £270 with TIPEC discount but they also want £72.00 to code them to the car; did you need yours recoding...??

Osh

Mine came with the car when I bought it. I didn't realise it was anything special, until the chap at Center Gravity told me I have the 'posh key'.

The only thing I would say, is that on mine at least, the bottom button (that is supposed to open the bonnet), doesn't actually open the bonnet.

Attachments

• fullsizerender_924.jpg
    fullsizerender_924.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 5,678
Osh said:
Evening Shaox

Been speaking to OPC Bristol today - £270 with TIPEC discount but they also want £72.00 to code them to the car; did you need yours recoding...??

Osh

How much!!

Jeezus H C.

That is damn expensive for 2 keys.

My indy charges £30 for key coding, but at £135 a key head to buy, that is mental

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Osh said:
Evening Shaox

Osh

How much!!

Jeezus H C.

That is damn expensive for 2 keys.

My indy charges £30 for key coding, but at £135 a key head to buy, that is mental

I have been looking getting these. As far as I was aware you just get the shell in the link above and swap the internals and blade over to the new body from your existing key, thus not requiring a recode. Is that incorrect?

Is the body available from OPC for cheaper than £117? Sounds a lot for a bit of plastic!

TwinBoost said:
I have been looking getting these. As far as I was aware you just get the shell in the link above and swap the internals and blade over to the new body from your existing key, thus not requiring a recode. Is that incorrect?
Correct, the £100 or so is just for the shell and you have to re-use the blade, transponder pill, chip and battery (would be a good time to change the battery!) Part number is 00004400083, ask for this at your OPC.

Osh the quote you got was for an entirely new key.

Shaoxter said:
TwinBoost said:
Correct, the £100 or so is just for the shell and you have to re-use the blade, transponder pill, chip and battery (would be a good time to change the battery!) Part number is 00004400083, ask for this at your OPC.

Osh the quote you got was for an entirely new key.

Morning m8

I actually read out your part number to the OPC and thats what they cam back with; I was really surprised at the quote and that they insisted it needed reprogramming. I thought it was just swap the guts over...

Think i might buy one on-line and see how i get on... :?:

Osh

I like that key a lot , do they do it for the 997 also or will the same thing work for both 996s and 997s.

Just had a quote for a new 3-button key from one of my local Stealers and they want £242 incl VAT for the key and then another £60-£100 to code it :floor: :floor: :floor: :sad:

Chris i t UK - can you PM your local indy to see if he can get me a cheaper one?

Cheers

Steve

Osh said:
Morning m8

I actually read out your part number to the OPC and thats what they cam back with; I was really surprised at the quote and that they insisted it needed reprogramming. I thought it was just swap the guts over...

Think i might buy one on-line and see how i get on... :?:

Osh

I had the same with the OPC in Bristol. I couldn't be bothered to pursue it and ordered from the US and got stung with import duty.

I emailed Carnewal and got no response.

My advice is to buy from someone like design911. IIRC they wanted around £120.

Borrox!

Just spoke to Porscheshop and the only one they do is the 2-button Design key for the coupe; they don't do the three button key for the cab... :pc:

Back to the drawing board

Osh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back