Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear Team announced

the other me

Nurburgring
Interesting to see what they put together!

Evans (The Phoenix) has had his final day and become a victim of his own success. That and the fact he can't go round a track quick without throwing up means to me, this program isn't going to work.

On another note, how many presenters does one program need? There's more on that than Country File!

I heard him announce them this morning. It will be interesting to see how this works. I reckon they will go very much away from the old style of show and more back to reports/car reviews.

Probably use Sabine in the mainland euro stuff, Matt Le Blanc in the US based stories and have the new guys + Chris Harris to do studio and main UK stories. Fair play for giving an regular person a go.

the other me said:
So, everyone we mentioned & a few more besides. . . . considering they are pleading poverty by dropping F1, they seemed to have plenty mullah to throw at this

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35548081

The difference is that Top Gear is a big overseas revenue raiser for the beeb, F1 is not (particularly as there is no assoc advertising revenue). A more international and broad flavour won't do any harm from that perspective

Why is everyone expecting it to have exactly the same format as the last set up? Nothing wrong with Evans doing the announcing, and having others more qualified doing the driving and testing. The more the merrier, and I can't wait to get away from the old ,and very tired Jeremy Clarkson show ,that ran before. The new show has some top presenters and personalities, and should be really good, as well as funny. Good luck to all of them, I'll be watching, and if it's cr*p, I'll turn it off. The 3 stooges Amazon version won't get a look in, they've had their day.

Glad those three nonces are off the tv, always preferred fifth gear anyway :thumbs:

Eddie :eek:ld: Jordan! :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

What a brilliant line up :thumb:

Really please Monkey Harris is on it

Shurv said:
Why is everyone expecting it to have exactly the same format as the last set up? Nothing wrong with Evans doing the announcing, and having others more qualified doing the driving and testing. The more the merrier, and I can't wait to get away from the old ,and very tired Jeremy Clarkson show ,that ran before. The new show has some top presenters and personalities, and should be really good, as well as funny. Good luck to all of them, I'll be watching, and if it's cr*p, I'll turn it off. The 3 stooges Amazon version won't get a look in, they've had their day.

Quite. I cringed this morning when Chris Evans did the "some say he is the..." bit introducing the stig that the old TG lot did.

They will add these 2 to the line up next...

zigzag2.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

60 minutes, 7 presenters :?

Looking forward to a magazine show, which by the time the credits have rolled and they have introduced what will be coming up in the fun/fact packed Top Gear One show, had a mid-show recap of what we have seen and what is still to come in the second half of the fun/fact packed Top Gear One show, they'll be enough screen time for the "edgy" newcomer, Rory, to do a walk around of the new Vauxhall Zafira and now we are going live to Eddie Jordan to tell us the latest F1 practice times.

Amazing stuff there Eddie, but how are Sabine and Chris doing (in the fourth segment this program) with their hilarious bio-ethanol Golf vs hybrid Golf challenge on the 'Ring?

Back to the studio for a cheeky sofa discussion with the rest of the Breakfast Show team, I mean TG Team.

An don't forget, that number will on screen at the end of the program or on our website below, so you can check if your Fiat 500 has had the brake recall. How you doin?

:sleepy:

GT4 said:
60 minutes, 7 presenters :?

Why is everybody assuming that all of the presenters will be used every week? I was assuming that Evans would anchor and they would rotate through the staff as required for segments?

Alternatively - where they do road trip / challenge type stuff you have 3 teams of 2 and the Stig in the background. Might work.

I reckon that there are ways it could work, so despite the Eddie Jordan inclusion I am going to sit back with an open mind and see what they throw at us. The one thing that is for certain is that will not be the same as the old iteration which most on here have been whining about for the last half decade... :dont know:

To be fair, I deliberately interpreted it for the worst.

As has no doubt been written many times before, we'll just have to wait and see ...

I presumed they needed 7 presenters because it's going to be a nightly show... hey hopefully it will be a replacement for the one show..... :?: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back