Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS rear tail lights - easy to swap?

Lungauer

Trainee
My GTS 2 came with factory fitted optional clear rear lenses and I'm not really a fan.

Is it an easy job to swap them out for the standard mainly red ones, once purchased from an OPC, or best left to them?

Hi there,

yes very easy - in fact couldn't be easier!

just pop the engine cover and loosen the two visible screws securing the lights - they don't even need to come all the way out - and then remove the light, disconnect the electrical connection and voila!

Install is the reverse!

You will find quite a few potential buyers for the clear lights - many people prefer them!

In fact if you ask or advertise here, I am sure you will find someone who will do you a straight swap - save you buying new ones!

I sent you a PM - I'm interested in buying / PXing then if you are.

Thanks for that Monster. Good suggestion about a possible exchange. I'll make a decision and post up for a swap if anyone's interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back