Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo performance exhaust wanted

Evan911turbo

Im looking for a non droney exhaust system for my 996 turbo
please let me know if you have one for sale
Many thanks
Evan

Evan, the only non droning types seem to be x pipe designs, and these seem to sell for over 2k. I'm making my own x pipe. I'm half way through it. It won't look pretty but it will be as effective and will cost just 300 quid.

drabux said:
Evan, the only non droning types seem to be x pipe designs, and these seem to sell for over 2k. I'm making my own x pipe. I'm half way through it. It won't look pretty but it will be as effective and will cost just 300 quid.

Haven't enough pipe for two do you...? :?: :thumb:

drabux said:

Mine wears a Ruf exhaust and absolutely no drone whatsoever 8)

Hi Evan

I'm driving to NineExcellence today to pick up a stock exhaust for my 996 turbo, to have fitted by an OPC Monday. My current exhaust is a cargraphic, and is one of the better ones for drone (and cost over £3k about 10k miles ago).

Give me a shout if you are interested, or want to come hear it before its removed.

are you returning your car to standard bo_duke?

Yeah, car came with forge boost hoses, BMC filter, short shift etc etc. The exhaust is the last bit I'm putting back to stock (keeping the forge actuators and diverters).
Because someone else fitted them all, removing is kinda like modifying/tuning!
Am slightly concerned about the stock exhaust sound, but OPC offered to fit it free while doing the turbo heatshields, so at least it will be a cheap mistake if I hate it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back