Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reverse amberectomy?

MisterCorn

Fuji
Hypothetically speaking, if you bought an early C2 which should have amber lights but had clear ones, as most seem to, would you swap them back?

MC

How early

1999 , cable throttle.

MC

No chance. Porsche got it totally wrong putting ambers on the 996 in the first place but I guess it was a money spinner, like manufacturers not colour coding bumpers, so they can charge extra for it or do it at a later date to give the car a fresher look. They were put on to make it look cheap, compared to the likes of the GT3.

Ambers are something that should've been left in the 80s.

They're divisive but personally I like ambers. But that's 'proper' 'fried egg' ambers. The hybrids (such as on Alex and my own former C2) were not so good though. All or nothing I say! :thumb:

I'd defiantly not swap them back , leave them clear

New996buyer said:
The hybrids (such as on Alex and my own former C2) were not so good though. All or nothing I say! :thumb:

:thumb: +1

But I suppose at the time, they didn't do silver bulbs so it was some dodgy orange filter fitted inside.

Ambers always remind me of those reflectors Raleigh used to fit on the pedals.

s-l225.jpg

MisterCorn said:
Hypothetically speaking, if you bought an early C2 which should have amber lights but had clear ones, as most seem to, would you swap them back?

MC

Depends on colour.

Artic Silver: yes
Solid Black: possibly
Every other colour: no

1998__911_Carrera_Coupe__3.4_litr.jpg

:nooo:

.....and the orange ones on the back too :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

orange reflectors just make things look like (EDITED) children's toys.

Does this mean that you`ve found one MisterCorn :?:

I thought for model year 99 they changed to clear??

Just read this again on two different web pages

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back