Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bathurst 12 Hours

Senoj

Heads up to those that care. Bathurst 12 hrs this weekend, lots of GT cars including '15 Le Mans winnner Earl Bamber in a 997 GT3 cup car. The racing in this has been cracking in recent years.

Live stream etc.

http://bathurst12hour.com.au/

Senoj said:
Heads up to those that care. Bathurst 12 hrs this weekend, lots of GT cars including '15 Le Mans winnner Earl Bamber in a 997 GT3 cup car. The racing in this has been cracking in recent years.

Live stream etc.

http://bathurst12hour.com.au/

Thanks for the reminder, cracking race last year.

tv doesn't do the circuit justice. It's mega. I've driven it at normal road speeds and it has an amazing flow. One of my best mates was a former V8 supercar racer and he thinks that there are only 2 other circuits that compare for pure dramatics....Laguna Seca and Spa.
I'd love to do some hot laps there....geez watching the last leg and reminiscing all things Bathurst is making me want to board QF1 for home.

I have sim raced it, does that count? :floor:

Race is just starting now...

Those Bentleys are awesome.

It really is an awesome track...and the racing is pretty absorbing too. 8)

nick w said:
It really is an awesome track...and the racing is pretty absorbing too. 8)

TV doesn't do justice to how steep the climb up and back down the mountain is. I took a performance car around Mt Panorama in the late 90's and the brakes were fried on the first pass down through the esses and onto conrod straight.

Van Gisberg is proving to be a significantly handy pilot. Reminds me of Raikonnen in some ways.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back