Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are Cayenne engines loud at idle?

cayenne99

I'm looking to buy an older Cayenne (2003 or 2004).

So far I've seen two. One had an engine tapping noise so I just avoided it. The other one was nicer but the engine was very loud at idle. I don't mind a loud engine but I was concerned it meant the engine wasn't very healthy.

Once in the cabin and driving, the engine noise wasn't that noticeable. Even at full throttle it wasn't particularly noisy.
It was the V8 version

Otherwise, I was really impressed with the Cayenne. I was surprised at how sporty and precise the suspension was for such a big car. Although it did seem a bit slow under hard acceleration.

Mine isn't noisy (4.5 turbo S) except a delightful exhaust note.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll read up on them some before purchasing one. I'm going to see a V6 one today. I understand they are quite slow, so I might hold out for a V8

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back