Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Turbo S insurance for 25 year old

Moranatang

Iam wondering what the best way of getting Insurance for a 25 year old for a couple of months to take the car to Lemans this year

Try swiftcover, I've had a great price of them for an 18 year old, not on a Porsche mind you :grin:

911 Turbo S Insurance for a 25 year old :floor:

Hold on tight, we`re gonna need a bigger bank account :floor:

It's for a 996 turbo s the current premium is £383 per year which is insured with Porsche.

Moranatang said:
It's for a 996 turbo s the current premium is £383 per year which is insured with Porsche.

Current premium insured with Porsche for whom :?:

Stick a zero on that for a 25 year old for 2 months, if they would even cover them :?:

Just ASK your present company .... , that's the best way to find out ...

T

Adding them as a named driver on your policy is probably the cheapest and most straight forward route.

I'm 28 and pay no more than £400 a year fully comp with classic line on my 996 turbo. I have something like 9 years no claims on the policy. I brought a carrera 2 at 23 and insured with admiral for around £600, sold it just over a year later, swapped the policy over to the turbo (at no extra cost. Apparently the turbo is a safer car being 4wd and presumably lower statistics). Renewed with admiral the next year I think and then changed to classic line. Cost was similar but classic line include track cover and just seemed more personal.

When I read these threads I just don't get why people pay so much! Maybe it is just my no claims that bring it down?

Ok great the only bad point is unfortunately there a non fault claim which happened in december 2012 and a fault claim in march 2012 so looking for Insurance with a claims history for 3 years he has 4 nearly 5 ncb too

911tom said:
I'm 28 and pay no more than £400 a year fully comp with classic line on my 996 turbo. I have something like 9 years no claims on the policy. I brought a carrera 2 at 23 and insured with admiral for around £600, sold it just over a year later, swapped the policy over to the turbo (at no extra cost. Apparently the turbo is a safer car being 4wd and presumably lower statistics). Renewed with admiral the next year I think and then changed to classic line. Cost was similar but classic line include track cover and just seemed more personal.

When I read these threads I just don't get why people pay so much! Maybe it is just my no claims that bring it down?

Full no claims bonus is a good start. Post code is a biggie too. Annual milage, garaged, security measures etc...

It just to take the car to Lemans this year so only needs to be on the policy or a different policy for a week at the most. It also needs to include some european cover

I was 27 when I got my 996T. Just use the normal comparison sites - I found admiral to be the cheapest. I also had two claims on my Insurance (one someone driving into my old BMW whilst parked, and the other being a fault claim with the same car - bump in a car park)

I know admiral provide european cover as well..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back