Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 930 Project

rich71

this is where we are to date....

930 used to have a Dage fiberglass flat nose front end, steel rear vented arches, big side sills and an enormous rear spoiler. All that has now been removed with a view to putting the back to factory.

New front inner and outer wings quarters and new rear outer quarters bought from Porsche. Trying to obtain rear inner quarters but i am informed they are no longer made.....i only need the bottom 6 inches so they will have to be fabricated. Once the car is a shell state on a dolly we can have a proper look the rear end to see whats what.

I will try to do an image update for those who are interested.
On a separate note i strongly suspect i may need a hand sourcing some parts so any assistance along the way will be much appreciated.

ySVlyzr9.jpg

l0u9256o.jpg

YbI6DT7k.jpg

f1F4IB4c.jpg

looking forward to this. Good luck with the project. Keep plenty of pics coming :thumbs:

WOW :eek:

That's what you call a project!!!

Good luck with it :thumb:

I personally dislike like the flat nose and would be tempted to bang on some torpedo's while in there but i understand it would affect the resale price etc ... Very best of luck with your project . :thumb:

Keith, I think he's putting it back to standard, so will have the torpedo wings?
Keep the pics coming it'll look great when finished :worship:

Ian

igaffz said:
Keith, I think he's putting it back to standard, so will have the torpedo wings?
Keep the pics coming it'll look great when finished :worship:

Ian

D'oh :wack:

thanks. i have a new one from porsche!
i do need some correct complete front fogs, i do have a set but once everything is new and shiny they will look tired in comparison.

I need to show those pics to my gf so she can see what real Porsche nuts get up to. She thinks I have some serious issues when I spend my time under my car in the middle of winter. Little does she realise with a carpeted floor, space heater and radio I'm actually pretty snug and saving 70 pounds an hour.

stasis said:
I need to show those pics to my gf so she can see what real Porsche nuts get up to. She thinks I have some serious issues when I spend my time under my car in the middle of winter. Little does she realise with a carpeted floor, space heater and radio I'm actually pretty snug and saving 70 pounds an hour.

:floor: :floor: :floor:

This looks like another great project in the making :thumb:

progress!!

Attachments

• img_20160604_144908_178.jpg
    img_20160604_144908_178.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 24,922
progress

significant progress

Attachments

• img_20161029_172629_186.jpg
    img_20161029_172629_186.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 24,002
Have you decided on a colour yet? I would stick with gold - so of its time and value will be retained as the log book and motor actually match.

Good luck but you seriously need to update this thread more often :D

thanks
the car is going totally original in every way.
i have a memory card full of images i just need to get round to posting them....
ive just bought a 356 so that's the next project alongside this one...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back