Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 22
997 : 2004- 84
996 : 1997-2005 47
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

BHZ661
Suzuka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks beautiful and amazing to find with that low mileage congratulations thumbsup

Carlson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE- Almost at two years of ownership. The 997 goes in for a service in a couple of weeks and currently has 10600 miles on the clock.

I'm enjoying the car immensely and it has been 100% reliable. The Aerokit means i have to be careful over London speed humps but that is a small price to pay for a car that excites me so much every time i drive it. I absolutely love the PDK box (my first one). I use sport whenever i am enjoying driving rather than just cruising. I don't use sport plus as i find it too mental. I haven't used the launch control as its not my thing (too mechanically sympathetic) and judging from the over-rev read out i got with the car neither did the first owner.

I find the car incredibly engaging whether driving country roads, A roads or motorways. It is extremely quick and literally takes my breath away (and i ride a ZZR1400 so massive acceleration isn't new to me). The level of grip the car provides is nothing short of astounding and it is confidence inspiring even on the M25 at 4 o'clock in the morning in a thunder storm (i work nights a few weeks a year so encounter these conditions).

I haven't missed a manual gearbox, i'm really enjoying driving the pdk on the paddles and quite honestly i am not sure i could drive as confidently on boost if i was having to change gear manually too, the speed at which the car eats up the road is quite brutal and its nice to be able to keep both hands on the steering wheel.

I have looked at the 991 but i don't feel i want to move into a bigger 911, and the 997 Turbo S is quite fast enough for me. It is certainly a huge step forward from a 997.1 Turbo Tip in performance terms, so much so words and power figures don't really do the subject justice.

Recent picture-

easternjets
Kyalami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your car looks stunning and having done the same upgrade as you, a Gen1 to a Gen2 you are spot on with your findings.
So many Turbo owners come on here and ask about the difference between a Tip and a PDK. All I can say is just go and drive one the difference is night and day.
I've just done a regular run today, about a 100 miles, in my Gen 2 PDK and comparing it to the Gen 1 the difference makes the run so much easier, the ride quality, especially on uneven surfaces. The gearbox in sport mode just seems to know which gear you want both going into corners and coming out.
I've got to admit I never bonded with the tip box but the PDK is perfect.

P.S. get the front end PPF'd, it's a grand well spent.
Porsche 928 S4
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera 1985

maph
Silverstone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cracking, great to see you are enjoying putting some miles on in.

I couldn't agree more about the PDK. I normally seek out manuals and was looking for a Gen2 Turbo with one for over 12 months, before buying myself an S as a consolation prize......absolutely no regrets, using the paddles when pushing on is a treat and keeping two hands on the wheel really does deliver a higher level of control. I still have two other manuals in my life to get my fix and I wouldn't switch mine for a manual now.

Is it going back to Bristol for it's service? If so they will be getting two 2012 Black Aerokit Ss in for services this month. Mine is in for it's 6 yr service (slightly early) towards the end of the month.

Enjoy and post some more photos if you have any Thumb

Bikeracer1098
Suzuka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maph wrote:
Looks cracking, great to see you are enjoying putting some miles on in.

I couldn't agree more about the PDK. I normally seek out manuals and was looking for a Gen2 Turbo with one for over 12 months, before buying myself an S as a consolation prize......absolutely no regrets, using the paddles when pushing on is a treat and keeping two hands on the wheel really does deliver a higher level of control. I still have two other manuals in my life to get my fix and I wouldn't switch mine for a manual now.

Is it going back to Bristol for it's service? If so they will be getting two 2012 Black Aerokit Ss in for services this month. Mine is in for it's 6 yr service (slightly early) towards the end of the month.

Enjoy and post some more photos if you have any Thumb

Make sure that they replace the PDK clutch oil as well as the AWD fluid, which require replacing every 6 years. An additional £450 or so.

m119cars
Monza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlson wrote:
UPDATE- Almost at two years of ownership. The 997 goes in for a service in a couple of weeks and currently has 10600 miles on the clock.

I'm enjoying the car immensely and it has been 100% reliable. The Aerokit means i have to be careful over London speed humps but that is a small price to pay for a car that excites me so much every time i drive it. I absolutely love the PDK box (my first one). I use sport whenever i am enjoying driving rather than just cruising. I don't use sport plus as i find it too mental. I haven't used the launch control as its not my thing (too mechanically sympathetic) and judging from the over-rev read out i got with the car neither did the first owner.

I find the car incredibly engaging whether driving country roads, A roads or motorways. It is extremely quick and literally takes my breath away (and i ride a ZZR1400 so massive acceleration isn't new to me). The level of grip the car provides is nothing short of astounding and it is confidence inspiring even on the M25 at 4 o'clock in the morning in a thunder storm (i work nights a few weeks a year so encounter these conditions).

I haven't missed a manual gearbox, i'm really enjoying driving the pdk on the paddles and quite honestly i am not sure i could drive as confidently on boost if i was having to change gear manually too, the speed at which the car eats up the road is quite brutal and its nice to be able to keep both hands on the steering wheel.

I have looked at the 991 but i don't feel i want to move into a bigger 911, and the 997 Turbo S is quite fast enough for me. It is certainly a huge step forward from a 997.1 Turbo Tip in performance terms, so much so words and power figures don't really do the subject justice.

Recent picture-

l

Lovely looking car mate, I'm fairly certain I parked up next to it at Longcross a month or so ago, ( mine is its virtual twin but in Meteor ).

I share your feelings on Bristol OPC and Sam in particular also. I purchased a nice gen 1 turbo from him a couple of years back and he was excellent, did everything he said and kept in regular contact after the sale. Funnily enough he phoned up and offered me a green Turbo S not long before he left Bristol.
930. Big hips, big spoiler

maph
Silverstone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikeracer1098 wrote:

Make sure that they replace the PDK clutch oil as well as the AWD fluid, which require replacing every 6 years. An additional £450 or so.

Thanks, yeah it's having the following carried out.......

Minor service
PDK oil
AWD oil
Drive belt
Brake fluid
Front brake pads

Hopefully that covers it.......not going to be a cheap one!

isysman
Zolder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow missed this thread when it started. Great looking car, really like the black on black, have considered this on my 911 but always been put off for some reason (even though my Boxster is black on black!)

I'd certainly second the PPF but by now I would imagine it already has some chips. I had it done to mine (after new paint) and it's well worth it. It even makes cleaning easier, dead flies come off so easily now; worth it just for that.

Carlson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi M119,

Yes it certainly was my car you parked your lovely 997 Turbo S next to at Longcross. Charlie showed me a picture of the two together! What a coincidence!

Thanks for everyone elses comments, they are really appreciated.

Regarding the PPF- i am incredibly fortunate the original owner PPF'd the whole car at new before collection at Porsche Reading.

My car is looked after by Toapz on their wash scheme, it gets a wash once per month by them as i just don't have time to do it regularly and when it was detailed before the first wash they remarked that their own PPF film has advanced a long way since 2012, so i am considering having the whole car re-filmed by them next year. It has made a lot of difference to the way the car is holding up visually having the whole car PPF'd and Topaz keeing on top of the washing.

I am taking the car back to Bristol from London for its service. I trust them and they treat very well. I am sorry Sam the salesman has moved on but i've been down for a service since he left and it is still a really great OPC- reasonably priced and very thorough.

mikeluke
Barcelona

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you are just making me jealous.....
BMW M140i (Mrs L's)
VW Polo Match 1.2 (the lad's)

Former:
996 Turbo S Cabrio Manual
996 Turbo Coupe Tip
968 Cabrio Manual

Boba fett
Indianapolis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeluke wrote:

All the drama - manual, Mezger and cheaper !!

apollokre1d
Sepang

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the 911UK site has a good deduplication algorithm for all the repeated pictures of Boba's car... Grin

Carlson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maph,

Thank you for that list of 6 year service items. I'm going to make sure they are
on my list for the big 2018 service.

Carlson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture from a dirty weekend in Somerset

Bikeracer1098
Suzuka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlson wrote:
Hi M119,

Yes it certainly was my car you parked your lovely 997 Turbo S next to at Longcross. Charlie showed me a picture of the two together! What a coincidence!

Thanks for everyone elses comments, they are really appreciated.

Regarding the PPF- i am incredibly fortunate the original owner PPF'd the whole car at new before collection at Porsche Reading.

My car is looked after by Toapz on their wash scheme, it gets a wash once per month by them as i just don't have time to do it regularly and when it was detailed before the first wash they remarked that their own PPF film has advanced a long way since 2012, so i am considering having the whole car re-filmed by them next year. It has made a lot of difference to the way the car is holding up visually having the whole car PPF'd and Topaz keeing on top of the washing.

I am taking the car back to Bristol from London for its service. I trust them and they treat very well. I am sorry Sam the salesman has moved on but i've been down for a service since he left and it is still a really great OPC- reasonably priced and very thorough.

Topaz use Suntek & Xpel film for PPF. They are excellent however they take the piss with their pricing for PPF.

Can send you details of a detailed who I use who can replace your PPF with Suntek & Xpel for less than half of the price that Topaz charge (probably save you over £3k)

Roger Barker
Silverstone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always nice to see another 997 Turbo S, especially one that looks so much like mine Very Happy

Amazing find at under 800 miles when you picked it up! Never seen one with that low miles for sale I have to say.

They are incredible cars, have loved every minute of mine..I guess the previous owners loss was your gain...

m119cars
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
mikeluke wrote:

All the drama - manual, Mezger and cheaper !!

Hmmmmm, bit like the Minogue sisters I'm afraid, yours is Dani, the TTS is Kylie.

Kylie is just better at everything!
930. Big hips, big spoiler

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlson wrote:
Here's a picture from a dirty weekend in Somerset

Not the ideal car to go dogging in Floor Floor Floor

mikeluke
Barcelona

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil - your humour is wasted here - you should be back over on the Brexit thread!

Smile
BMW M140i (Mrs L's)
VW Polo Match 1.2 (the lad's)

Former:
996 Turbo S Cabrio Manual
996 Turbo Coupe Tip
968 Cabrio Manual

easternjets
Kyalami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good thread on P/H's about the PPF film. The author tried all the types of film on the market and came to the conclusion that, in his opinion, the Xpel was the easiest to apply, had little or no flaws in the film and the most resistant to damage, it self heals.
I priced up the supply only of a kit to do the front of my 997 and it was over a $1000!
It seems there is a bit of a closed shop in the UK for buying the film and the kits.
I know there seems to be a 'black art' to applying the stuff but some of the pricing is eye watering!
Porsche 928 S4
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera 1985

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: