Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cambridge, Leicester, and Silverstone OPCs

Jcx

I live between Cambridge, Leicester, and Silverstone OPCs. My first need is a 111pt check to extend my warranty in May 2016. But i may act now to benefit from time which i think is on my side for a number of reasons.

Anyone got any experience of any of them?

Do they compete on price for work or warranty extensions?

Who offers the best customer service?

Who is tiring to deal with?

Just bought from Cambridge , sales seem great , service dept try's to have your pants down

Rockunrolla said:
Just bought from Cambridge , sales seem great , service dept try's to have your pants down

Oh yes, £2k is hard to forget!

Ha ha yes , and some other jobs I wanted doing seems to take them twice as long on labour than anyone else :nooo:

I put an enquiry into OPC Cambridge 3 days ago. They still haven't rung me back :nooo:

There web-site appears uber friendly but it looks like nobody monitors their inbox on a daily basis :dont know:

Zingari said:
I put an enquiry into OPC Cambridge 3 days ago. They still haven't rung me back :nooo:

There web-site appears uber friendly but it looks like nobody monitors their inbox on a daily basis :dont know:

Not looking good for Cambs. Anyone got any stories for Silverstone or Leicester?

Highly recommend Silverstone......very professional outfit, and all car enthusiasts! Tend to pop in every now and then for a coffee and chat! 👍

Jcx said:
I live between Cambridge, Leicester, and Silverstone OPCs. My first need is a 111pt check to extend my warranty in May 2016. But i may act now to benefit from time which i think is on my side for a number of reasons.

Anyone got any experience of any of them?

Do they compete on price for work or warranty extensions?

Who offers the best customer service?

Who is tiring to deal with?

Joe,

I have good experience with Leicester OPC but only in sales department ( one particular chap in particular) , but I would hazard a guess that that this may be reflected in the day to day running of OPC there.

I have returned there to buy my last 3 cars , and I live in the North of Scotland , so that may tell you something regarding my trust in them.

I have always been impressed with their set up and attitude ....

Terry

Speak to Sharon in service dept at Cambridge. They have always looked after me no problem and will compete on price with other OPC.
Bought my 997 from Silverstone and had to go back twice for remedial work.
Mark Cahill after sales manager went out of his way to ensure I was totally satisfied, which included a 220 mile round trip to pick me up and take me to Silverstone to drive my car home after repair !!! :)
You always pay a little more at OPC but they provide a service to back it up in my view. :thumb:

Thanks Steve.

I just called Silverstone and was promised a call back when a service advisor became available. Sure enough, within 10-15 minutes i got a call back from 'Stephen'.

Super friendly but not the least bit pushy. Answered all my questions, offered advice and insight. Updated their database and checked on a couple of things for me.

It appears that there are no deals to be done on 111 point checks or on warranty costs which is a shame (unless you have the check done during a service as mentioned elsewhere) but at least it means that i can pick a centre i like rather than one which is cheaper.

Also learned that Porsche assistance is NOT included in the warranty and is an extra over and above. Humph! That's a shame.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back