Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Low cost trackers

MisterCorn

I have had a few people get in touch with me recently about the trackers I have sold to people on here in the past, on the back of the thread about the 993 which was stolen and recovered with a tracker. I usually only do a group buy when I want one or more myself, but if there is enough interest in them I am happy to do one now.

They use a Giff Gaff sim and can be tracked by text message or online using a web based interface, as a minimum installation they need a permanent power feed and ground, but can optionally have inputs for ignition feed to detect the ignition being turned on, door switch to detect the door opening, and are supplied with a siren (not needed but can be fitted) and a vibration sensor to detect when the car is knocked.

There is an output to control a relay to turn off the fuel pump / ECU and a microphone input so you can call the car and listen in if you like. I have written instructions for fitting these to a 2004 turbo along with full details on setting the tracker up via text message and the internet.

I have fitted these to a Westfield SEiGHT, E46 M3 convertible and CSL, 2002 Range Rover Vogue, Honda NSX, 1989 Mercedes 300SL and of course my Porsche. They are provided with a lifetime license for the online tracking gateway, you just need to top up the PAYG sim as required. I would say they can be fitted by anybody who is generally happy working with car electrics.

If I get 10 orders I will place an order, at the moment I have two interested. The price is £55 delivered in the UK. Model number is TK103B which you will also find on Amazon and other places, mine come with the alarm, vibration sensor, sounder and the lifetime online tracking license. I buy them directly from the factory which is why I need a reasonable order size.

If you are interested drop me a PM, I will update this thread with numbers so people can see where we are with it.

MC

I'll start with 1 here.
:thumb:

I'll have 2 please.
Many thanks

May I ask a question?

If one of these were installed on my 993 and I were to disconnect the main battery would it trigger anything? Secondly, what would happen when I reconnect the battery; would it be necessary to go through the whole set up routine again?

This is a genuine question as I routinely disconnect the main battery using a battery isolator when car is not used for a few weeks. But I would like a tracking device! So thanks for making what seems like a great offer!

kerb scraper said:
May I ask a question?

If one of these were installed on my 993 and I were to disconnect the main battery would it trigger anything? Secondly, what would happen when I reconnect the battery; would it be necessary to go through the whole set up routine again?

This is a genuine question as I routinely disconnect the main battery using a battery isolator when car is not used for a few weeks. But I would like a tracking device! So thanks for making what seems like a great offer!

Unless that option is turned off it will send a text message to let you know power has gone off. The backup battery will last a few days, after that it won't work until power is restored. No setting up is required when power is restored. You might get an alarm message though to tell you tgat power is back on.

MC

Thanks for that prompt reply. After a bit more thought, of course I could just wire it to the live side of the isolator switch. Presumably the power consumption of the device is low so it would take a long time to run down a 97ah standard battery?

On that basis - I'm in. One for me please.

You know what they say....... Can't have too many toys. :lol:

Do they do an OBD one same as the one I have from my make ????

Will try one for my wife's car please. Count me in :thumb:

So far we have.

Clanky 1
BenC 2
kerb scraper 1
SEE YA 1
Others by PM 2

So we are nearly there.

MC

I'm considering one but have no idea how I'd fit it. Do you know anyone who may be able to fit?

Hi,

Looks good, I'm in :thumb:

So far we have.

Clanky 1
BenC 2
kerb scraper 1
SEE YA 1
Others by PM 2
Paul284pt

Cheers,
Paul

Count me in too. I'll figure out fitting / battery isolator woes later! :thumb:

Me too please, now just need to find the old trakker and get rid of it - any tips anyone???

SHAKTER said:
I'm considering one but have no idea how I'd fit it. Do you know anyone who may be able to fit?

I fitted one, to my 996, just after Christmas. MC's instructions were a great help.
If you're fitting to something other than a 996, and want to integrate into the cars systems (for seeing status of door and ignition, and fuel pump cut-off functionality) you'll need some knowledge of the car in question.
But if it's a 996 the instructions are fine.
If you're local (to GU52) I'll give you a hand :thumb:

We are up to 10 now so this will go ahead. I will not place the order until Monday to give anybody else a chance to add their name if required.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back