Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo S - production numbers

iceboy

Hi All,

Does anyone know the production number of the 997 turbo S cars?

IceBoy

In the 'data file' section of Total 911 magazine it says '2000'.

Wow, so pretty exclusive ! 2000 worldwide???!!

993 Turbo S - Super rare
996 Turbo S - Rare
997 Turbo S - Rare

Was the 997 Turbo S a run out model or available during the 997 life-cycle?

Does anybody know if the 991 Turbo S was available from the beginning? Has it just become a model in it's own right?

IceBoy

iceboy said:

993 Turbo S - Super rare
996 Turbo S - Rare
997 Turbo S - Rare

Does anybody know if the 991 Turbo S was available from the beginning? Has it just become a model in it's own right?

IceBoy

997.2 turbo and 997.2 turbo S available from 2010 - 2012, unlike the 996 turbo S which was only available towards the end of production in 2004/05.

991 turbo and turbo S available at a similar time. Two separate models.

Why do you ask?

"991 turbo and turbo S available at a similar time. Two separate models".

I think you answered my question!

Iceboy

In the UK there were more 997.2 Turbo S models registered than 997.2 Turbo models. For 991 the gap is even greater.

The 'pauper' turbo is more rare. :floor:

iceboy said:

993 Turbo S - Super rare
996 Turbo S - Rare
997 Turbo S - Rare

IceBoy

991 Turbo S was on market before the Turbo and was available prior.......

997 Turbo S was an offering at the overlap of 997/991 model change ...generally the spec included the majority of options specced during the 997 Turbo life cycle ....extra power naturally ...could be called 'run out' I guess but deserves much more than that description really......

SS Enterprise springs to mind .....
I think I would be more tempted with a 991 gen 2 turbo by all accounts so far to date ...

Code:

Jcx said:
In the UK there were more 997.2 Turbo S models registered than 997.2 Turbo models. For 991 the gap is even greater.

The 'pauper' turbo is more rare. :floor:

I thought numbers were about the same, approx 350 of each.

I did read somewhere that the S was a limited model run but Porsche are good at making so called limited or special 911s just look at the number of model variants there are on howmanyleft.co.uk!!

As mentioned, 997.2 Turbo S was limited production run of 2000 cars- worldwide! So quite rare for a Turbo- certainly compared to the Gen 1.

Globally (which is the more important number) there were less produced than the non S standard 997.2 Turbo- exact figure would be interesting.

Regarding the UK- I think it's roughly the same, perhaps slightly less Turbo S? The more important point though, as it reflects more on market/demand is that there always seem to be less Turbo S for sale than standard Turbo, and the Turbo S seem to sell far quicker too.

Of course this is not statistical, more my personal experience and feeling from my quite long search for a 997 Turbo S.

Roger Barker said:
As mentioned, 997.2 Turbo S was limited production run of 2000 cars- worldwide! So quite rare for a Turbo- certainly compared to the Gen 1.

Globally (which is the more important number) there were less produced than the non S standard 997.2 Turbo- exact figure would be interesting.

Again, according to the Total 911 magazine 'data file', the total number of 997.2 Turbo (non-S) produced is quoted as 3,800.

Don't y'all love stats?! We can largely use them to make the point we want to make :)

I started this thread recently http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=108684

I think that global production numbers are less relevant to our own market as most of us will only buy RHD cars with C16 build code. You don't have to look very far to see people using UK C16 as a key selling point.

So looking only at UK numbers, the Turbo S is either more common or more popular (pick your preferred label) than the Turbo.

For 2010 - 2012 MY:

-- Turbo S registrations with DVLA were: 410
-- Turbo registrations with DVLA were: 404

For 2013 - 2015 MY (this is most likely to be 991 but may contain some 997):

-- Turbo S registrations with DVLA were: 561
-- Turbo registrations with DVLA were: 233

I believe that car manufacturers know that the UK market is very status driven and people will pay more to have 'the best available'. I think the greater number of Turbo S registrations supports this. Tus making the best the most common.

Anyone got a pipe in which to put that for smoking? :roll:

Did you read the original posters question at all?

It related to production numbers of the 997.2 Turbo S.

Not 991 Turbo S which you list (where both models were for sale from the start unlike 997 so of course people buy the more desirable car), or how many cars have been taxed in the UK.

So to summarise:

997.2 Turbo S- 2000 produced
997.2 Turbo- 3800 produced

Your figures for UK taxed cares I can only assume is an interpretation of howmanyleft.co.uk data you have read- which is not absolutely 100% accurate beyond doubt, and in any case is nothing to do with production numbers.

Roger Barker said:
Did you read the original posters question at all?

It related to production numbers of the 997.2 Turbo S.

Not 991 Turbo S which you list (where both models were for sale from the start unlike 997 so of course people buy the more desirable car), or how many cars have been taxed in the UK.

So to summarise:

997.2 Turbo S- 2000 produced
997.2 Turbo- 3800 produced

Your figures for UK taxed cares I can only assume is an interpretation of howmanyleft.co.uk data you have read- which is not absolutely 100% accurate beyond doubt, and in any case is nothing to do with production numbers.

OP here....thanks.
IceBoy

According to Total 911 datafile - total 996 Turbo S production was 1563

How many do you reckon made it to the UK?

I've asked Porsche UK and they would not tell me....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back