Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996 C2 in Cobalt Blue

PMGPete

Hi guys, just registered and my first foray into 911 Ownership. My name is Pete, I live in Northern Ireland and I own my own detailing business. I always said I wanted to own a 911 by the time I was 30 and at 29, I have finally achieved it :)

I have previously owned a Cayenne and currently also own an early 944 that I am restoring.

I am usually a big BMW fantatic, having owned countless of the marque and currently still own a 94 520i wit a host of period m5 goodies and an 04 M3 Convertible.

So to the 911!

Its a 98 Carrera 2 with quite and extensive list of factory options, some of which are still being pointed out to me.

Its a factory Aero kitted car with GT3 wheels, ithas the MO30 suspension package, factory sports exhaust, LSD and active brake differential, sports seats, factory Nav, headlamp washers, trip computer and a sunroof :)

The car benefits from a full rebuild by Hartech 8,000 miles ago ans is in generally great condition.

I have a small parking dent to remove and I am going to completely refurbish the leather interior.

Thats enough chat, here are some pics :)

PMG-Autocare-15 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
PMG-Autocare-16 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
PMG-Autocare-19 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
PMG-Autocare-7 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr

Great looking car with nice specification.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice car looks great with the aerokit and alloys, and with a rebuilt engine you should have trouble free fun with it. :thumb: and I personally like dark alloys on blue 911s and those look like anthracite with a silver rim is a nice touch.I also like that the 996 aero came with side rockers which the 997 didn't.

Beautiful looking motor and with a Hartech rebuild!!

Do you know what Hartech have actually done to it (upgraded any parts, etc?).

One more word - Amberectomy :lol:

Absolute beauty of a car, even nicer in the flesh.

Fancy that run up the coast?

Nice car it looks great... well done getting one with a Hartec rebuild :thumbs:

:welcome:

Whataboutye? Great looking car and nice spec. Look forward to hearing more from you chaps over there :thumb:

Welcome Pete and congrats on the new purchase. Cobalt is one of my faves on watercooled 911's... 8)

Any details on the e34 as I too have a few of these. Currently a 540i/6, 535i/5 and a 525i/5 Touring that's just about to get an M3 motor transplant. ;)

C.

That looks awesome! Exactly what I'd love to buy! Perfect.

Not sure on plate though! Lol

Pics of interior?

Love it, looks great.

Defo going to get a GT3 kit for mine over the next month or two. :thumb:

Looks great, welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Paul

Thanks guys, I'm slowly getting used to the car, its very different to the M3's I'm used too (considerably slower lol) but I'm starting to get a feel for the car now.

Hartech put the uprated IMS in etc, the bill was north of 7grand so I'm glad it has been done already!

I've attached a photo of my e34. Its only a 520i but I love it in calypso red. It has a genuine m5 kit, m5 interior and genuine parallels. Good looking big thing for a daily smoker. It has well over 200k on it now too and it runs like a clock

Attachments

• dollar_3_134.jpg
    dollar_3_134.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8,787
Bonus re the Hartech IMS upgrade.

Calypso is a great colour on the e34. Keep up the good work. 8)

C.

hi Pete and welcome
Lovely 996 and great colour.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back