Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gtechniq Detailers in North Yorkshire

Jcx

Hi folks,

My dad has a new car on order and is considering the Star Guard on offer from Mercedes. Dad's getting on and is inclined to trade money for elbow grease to keep his new P&J looking great.

At £500 quoted for the car I think the stealer is having a laugh - if they even apply the Star Guard; I've heard enough stories of people who paid the money and never actually got the treatment.

I'm more inclined to see him use a professional detailer to apply top quality sealant like Gtechniq or something similar. Better still as a mobile service on his drive if at all possible so dad can really see that his money is being well spent.

So, can anyone recommend a detailer (mobile or static) in the Harrogate/Northallerton/Stokesley area of North Yorkshire?

Has anyone used these guys in Knaresborough? http://reepdetailing.co.uk

I see they are listed on the Gtechniq website but they appear to be owned by the Swissvax company so fear they may do a bait and switch on an uninformed punter to increase profits as they don't mention Gtechniq on their website.

Thx all

Jcx

Where ever you choose, just be sure that the reputation is good.

There are a few Cowboys with the 'detailer' badge. I got my fingers burnt by a Gtechniq accredited detailer ( down south) who was actually sh**e! I am in the process of getting a new car in silver as my current one needs more correction to rectify it . If you are going for crystal serum, it has to be done right the first time.:nooo:

OP-Did you ever try Reep?
Im now 2 yrs post purchase when I had an Autoglym Lifeshine, although really this lasted about 9 months or so

As a daily driver I feel the need for a top up every so often

ChubbyChappie said:
OP-Did you ever try Reep?
Im now 2 yrs post purchase when I had an Autoglym Lifeshine, although really this lasted about 9 months or so

As a daily driver I feel the need for a top up every so often

I didn't. My dad is still waiting on his new wheels. And we haven't yet settled on a place to do the detailing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back