Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 15 Year warranty

mark pearce

Just spotted some news that Porsche have now extended their warranty until a cars 15 years old

Good news for those worried about oval bore wear and IMS snapping

Waiting for confirmation from my local OPC of the details

That would be awesome news.... Would that be on new Vehicles only though or retrospective?

I'd be interested to know if there is a mileage limit on those warrentys?

Hmm, thought for buying a 2007/ 8 997 T now? :D

The 15 years applies to the "Extended Warranty" moved up from 10 yrs. Will help some early 997s etc. :thumbs:

That's great news for owners and OPC but not so good for some of the indies?

Hmm, interesting. Can't imagine Porsche or the Warranty Co losing money on this, so maybe the whole engine issue thing is a bit overdone...?

Given the cost per year and the fact that is simply an Insurance product, this clearly makes financial sense for Porsche - if they were loosing out then they would not have been doing it!.

Not that good news for indies perhaps, but until the detail is out I suspect as the years roll by there may be an ever increasing list of exclusions.

For me if I was in the position of having an OPC warranty and the requirement to have it serviced at an OPC to keep the warranty I would probably not be able to afford to run the car!.

Since I doubt I will ever be in a position to buy a new Porsche and the list of secondhand one's from an OPC that I would swap mine for is equally out of reach I'll leave the celebrations to those who are fortunate to be in a position to benefit.

apollokre1d said:
I'd be interested to know if there is a mileage limit on those warrentys?

Its ends at 15 years or 100,000 miles. Whichever happens first.

Remember a number of OPC's offer to match service prices from Indies
and the 2 year service interval.
a 2/3 hour drive to have a car serviced starts to make sense

mark pearce said:
Remember a number of OPC's offer to match service prices from Indies
and the 2 year service interval.
a 2/3 hour drive to have a car serviced starts to make sense
Major service with plugs and belt inspection for 997-2 from very reputable Indy £600 incl. nearest OPC £830?

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Given the cost per year and the fact that is simply an Insurance product, this clearly makes financial sense for Porsche - if they were loosing out then they would not have been doing it!.

Not that good news for indies perhaps, but until the detail is out I suspect as the years roll by there may be an ever increasing list of exclusions.

For me if I was in the position of having an OPC warranty and the requirement to have it serviced at an OPC to keep the warranty I would probably not be able to afford to run the car!.

Since I doubt I will ever be in a position to buy a new Porsche and the list of secondhand one's from an OPC that I would swap mine for is equally out of reach I'll leave the celebrations to those who are fortunate to be in a position to benefit.
You do not have to have your car serviced by a OPC to keep the warranty valid. You will only encounter problems if any fault can be directly attributed to the servicing or maintenance. Same applies to parts and as wiper blades, tyres, batteries, pads and discs, shocks, clutch, belts, plugs etc, etc aren't covered then unless the part can impact on other systems then no need to go genuine, i'e discs an pads.

If this is true ......... :dance: .........

'Double Bubble'

I'll be able to keep my 997T longer than I thought AND the value will be kept more buoyant by still having an official warranty when I sell.

My aim of swapping into a 991.1 Carrera S for no extra cash looks even more achievable. :thumb:

So does that mean I could, if I wanted have an extended warranty on my 2005 - 996 Turbo S ?

IceBoy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back