Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ferrari 458 Speciale

mzmini

Barcelona
A great friend of mine has a 1978 911 turbo which he's had since it was almost new. It's parked up and has been for a number of years as he moved onto Bentley's. He has a Bentley GTC and is now looking at a Ferrari 458 Speciale - carbon brakes, all the toys etc. Every time he thinks he's found one someone else snaps it up as there's not many around. If he does get to splash his cash though he wants to know how it's going to hold it's money.

Are there any Ferrari aficionados amongst the Porsche ownership on this forum who might be able to spread some light on this?

I've had a couple of Fandangos over the years, a 328GTS and a 355GTS.

Tricky one re the values- there are not actually many templates to follow for the lightweight V8 Ferraris- the 348 Competizione was the first one, and that took a long time to catch on, mainly because no one liked the 348 platform. The 360 CS are only now fetching decent money, for a while no more so than a good GT3 RS. 430 Scuderia is probably the one to follow.

It may well be the last NA V8 'special' Ferrari.

F40, 288GTO is in a league of their own.

Chimp911 should be able to help you out on this one.

He just brought tonight !!! all he got was 12 months tax thrown in . My mate is a bit of a philistine great guy but!! when the sales man said if you take the car to Fiorano test track and will pay for the flights I will pay for Sebastian Vettel to take you round in you car he asked me who Vettel was and would it be worth sending the money ? I just give up

Graham who occasionally pops in here should be able to tell you the market as he's ordered a few new ones direct from the factory and I think has a 488 on order :dont know:

pzero said:
Chimp911 should be able to help you out on this one.

I think you'd be better off asking Russell Grant :dont know:

The 360CS and 430 Scuderia are both at or above original list price, but this was only after a long period of depreciation, and the market is very sensitive to mileage, provenance and of course whether the steering wheel is on the right hand side.

There's little reason to expect the Speciale will perform any differently, especially as the 488 is turbo-charged, but if the market goes to form then we should first see prices drop over the next 2 or 3 years before picking up again.

It is, however, precisely because of this expectation that everyone is snapping up the Speciale hoping to get in on the act, which is probably over-inflating current prices - I personally expect some fingers could get burned, though given the choice I'm sure there are worse ways to gamble your money than buying a Speciale :grin:

Thanks for that chimp 911 he did pay very strong money for it ,personally I think that's what money is made for I am hoping to do with him when he collects it lucky bar steward
cheers
MZmini

Lucky man - Let's hope for your sake he's as generous with his keys as he is his money - I'd love to try out the side slip control... :wink:

Well Chimp911 hope to wrangle a trip to the dealers when he collects it , I have turned the Bentley a few times I am a named driver on that one I guess he will not offer the keys to the 458 :sad: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back