Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter/summer wheel storage- just be aware...

GP41

Nurburgring
I've started storing my own winter/summer wheels and tyres. I was wondering whether leaving them in my Wheelpod tyre rack for 5 or 6 months could do any harm so I took a look at the weekend. Sure enough, after 2-3 months (I did change particularly early this year) each tyre has a distinct indent across the full width of the tyre in the two places where the tyre is in contact with the tubular rack. It's slightly worse across the rears due to the extra weight.

I've rotated them in the rack now and will see whether the indent comes out over the remaining time they're on the rack. I wonder whether maybe these racks are designed for tyre-only storage?

Hopefully the indent will ease... :dont know:

Am sure the indent will ease out over time.

Store my wheels/tyres on top of one another in the corner of the garage - never an issue.

Hi

I store my winter wheels one rim on top of the other as well with no problems for years now.

My winters are stacked on top of each other too, with a bit of cardboard between them to stop scratches. Will be digging them out over xmas and swapping them over.

Unfortunately I needed the floor space, hence I went for the wall mounted option...

They are usually loaded with the best part of 300kgs so I can't imagine resting on the tyre rack with its own weight would do any harm at all.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back