Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

White seat piping

toddgibbs123

Hi Guys,

I need to get the white piping replaced on my driver seat. Does anyone know where I can get the piping from? my local trimmer (NewTrim, Oxford) can't locate any white vinyl piping...

Thanks!

Todd.

Try AJ Trimmers in Bourne End, Bucks. He might be able to sort you out

BenC said:
Try AJ Trimmers in Bourne End, Bucks. He might be able to sort you out

Thanks Ben, I'll call them in the morning.

Todd.

Removing seat back.

Going to drop the seat over to AJ Trimming tomorrow - thanks for the suggestion.

Next problem - ideally I want to just drop the seat back over since its easier to transport (not much room in my other car).

I can see how to remove the seat back (4 screw, 2 either side) but there appears to be a cable release (that lifts the seat back, allowing access to the rear seats) that needs to be disconnected.

Before I go ahead and experiment, does anyone have any experience of doing it ? is it straight forward or a pain ?

Thanks!
Todd.

Just to close this thread.

AJ Trimming did an excellent job with the seat piping, looks like new.

My seats were trimmed in 2mm piping which is quite usual apparently. I managed to get some 2mm sea fishing line that worked perfectly.

Thanks for the recommendation

Todd.

That's great news :)

Glad it worked out for you

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back